Forum home The potting shed

Islamic gardens "Going back 3000 years" according to Monty

• steveTusteveTu Posts: 671
    Isn't 'Islamic Garden' a description of style along the lines of 'cottage garden'? If I said 'my next door neighbour has a Chinese garden' would you assume I lived in China - or would it just conjure an image of a style of garden?
    UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 2,699
    edited October 2019
    post removed by self as potentially offensive
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 4,429
    You call a country retarded then tell people not to take offence at that statement.  You've got a (Anglo Saxon word redacted) cheek.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 8,483
    Have to say I agree with you @Papi Jo
    From personal experience, it can cause a huge problem with doses of certain medicines if you move countries as a doctor.
    Did they tear it out with talons of steel
    And give you a shot, so that you wouldn't feel?
    And washed it away as if it wasn't real?
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,925
    I took @Papi Jo ‘s post as being very much ‘tongue in cheek’ ... no umbrage taken here 😎 

Wish we could spend a peaceful Sunday in our own Paradise garden ... much more if this weather and we’ll be part of the Norfolk Broads instead of just being nearby 🌧 🚣‍♀️
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• steephillsteephill Posts: 1,404
    Surely a paradise garden would be measured in cubits? :)
  • nicktennickten Posts: 105
    I meant the historical/cultural nomenclature, should have made that clear apparently. Sorry for the poor attempt at humour.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 21,886
    Ah well, that's the problem with black and white script.  No tone of voice to give extra clues and we don't yet know you well enough to guess your intent.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,925
    steephill said:
    Surely a paradise garden would be measured in cubits? :)

Like Noah’s Ark ... very relevant today 🌧 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 21,886
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw