Mushroom ID please

hello, instead of my friend poisoning himself, could we please get some ID ideas from some experts please, many thanks!

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,561
    Not without a photo and an idea of the location it was growing - grass, meadow, woodland.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,657
    Here it is
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

edited 9 October
    It’s Wonkys friend who has these mushrooms. He wants to cook and eat them. He thinks they’re shaggy ink caps. However Wonky has inherited my strongly developed sense of self preservation, plus concern for her friends and thought she’d ask you lot. 

I think it looks more like a Parasol but I’ve not checked my books. 

Dont worry, Wonky won’t eat it even if you say its edible, but her friend might ... but not until tomorrow ... he’s going to the Mermaid for a carvery tonight and wait for your response, to be on the safe side. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• steephillsteephill Posts: 921
    https://www.wildfooduk.com/mushroom-guide/shaggy-inkcap/ Useful video guide on that page as well as basic info.

Looks more like a shaggy ink cap to me than a parasol but I'm no expert.  SIC is edible when young.  It won't be by tomorrow if he's not already picked it and if he has, what's the point of eating it tomorrow?  Best fresh.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,464
    I have a very limited knowledge but I'd say it's not an inkcap just by the shape, too spherical.

Wild Food UK has a really useful guide.

Shaggy ink cap.

You're probably right @wild edges
    edited 9 October
    I’m sticking with Shaggy Parasol ... toxic raw, can be eaten if very well cooked but can trigger allergic reactions. I’m saying don’t eat it.

https://www.first-nature.com/fungi/chlorophyllum-rhacodes.php

Good advice.
  • steephillsteephill Posts: 921
    24 hours wait will resolve the issue - ink caps will get taller and/or deliquesce, parasols will get wider.