Source for autumn lawn feed

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a website selling autumn lawn feed?  My usual sources Wilko/Primrose aren’t playing ball.

Any particular brand of autumn feed also, or any bargains? 🙂

Cheers,
TP

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,806
    edited 9 October
    I have just selected this at random, but Amazon have a fair selection of autumn lawn feed, you may be able to get free p+p depending on how much you need

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Scotts-Miracle-Gro-Evergreen-Autumn-Carton/dp/B000TAVYEC/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_86_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=BP2B1GB5EE75V8F9ZRY3
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 1,964
    I have always found Lawnsmith products very good,  not specially cheap though.
    https://www.lawnsmith.co.uk/cat/lawn-fertiliser-products

You can specify soil type and early or late Autumn if you wish so you get a product that is really good for your conditions. There is also a lot of good advice on the site.
    AB Still learning

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 1,486
    edited 9 October
    I used this one from B&Q because I wanted just feed, without weedkiller or mosskiller and it's the only one I found in shops near me. They do Internet orders as well but there's a branch near my work so I haven't used the home delivery. I have used click and collect, which worked well for for me.
    I think they had the usual brands of combined feed/weed/mosskiller as well.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 26,002
    I never use one, but I think Scott's products, as @AnniD mentions, are usually reliable.  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Tin potTin pot Posts: 871
    I have always found Lawnsmith products very good,  not specially cheap though.
    https://www.lawnsmith.co.uk/cat/lawn-fertiliser-products

You can specify soil type and early or late Autumn if you wish so you get a product that is really good for your conditions. There is also a lot of good advice on the site.
    I’m about to go with lawnsmith as I do read their advice frequently, and for two bags the price is more reasonable.

However, their Autumn feed is just feed, their Winter feed has the moss killer. Neither appear to be weed/seed/feed combined, but I suspect they know what they’re doing!

So I’m not sure whether to buy autumn, winter now and then buy spring when it comes around because I thought you were supposed to do this only twice per year autumn/spring, not winter as well...so I’m confused!
  • glasgowdanglasgowdan Posts: 541
    Look at agrigem, progreen,  pitchcare,  and others. 

Autumn feeds almost always have iron (moss killer) in them. 

You can feed lawns often. 4-5x a season, or more if you lower the dose. Little and often invariably works better. 
  • ColinAColinA Posts: 222
    Aldi sell a really good one
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 1,964
    @Tin pot   I think @glasgowdan will agree but many lawn professionals will tell you that you should weed & feed as separate operations. Many of the combined ones while convenient will have too much of one or the other ingredient. Feed with a good balanced feed appropriate to the season & conditions and spot weed with a weedkiller rather than treating the whole lawn with weedkiller whether it needs it or not.
    AB Still learning

• glasgowdanglasgowdan Posts: 541
    @Tin pot   I think @glasgowdan will agree but many lawn professionals will tell you that you should weed & feed as separate operations. Many of the combined ones while convenient will have too much of one or the other ingredient. Feed with a good balanced feed appropriate to the season & conditions and spot weed with a weedkiller rather than treating the whole lawn with weedkiller whether it needs it or not.

Yes, 100%. All in one products don't belong on lawns.