Can you help with a turf/moss/compost problem..?

Hi everyone.

I've become quite a keen gardener in the past six or so months, but before this, I made a bit of a mistake...

My small garden was covered by the weediest lawn you've ever seen! I decided to absolutely destroy it with glyphosate around six months ago (I now understand the error of my ways).

The weeds and grass died nicely, but moss very quickly took over the whole area under the crispy dead grass.

I've subsequently dug up the mossy dead turf and created a heap at the bottom of the garden. It's a good three cubic meters or so. I'd like to be able to use it again as a compost, but am worried initially about residual glyphosate, and secondly about the massive amounts of moss being harboured.. 

If I was to soak it and cover with a black polythene sheet, will it break down well enough to ever be useful, or will I just be capturing and spreading several tonnes of moss spores? Is there anything else I can do to make this heap useful one day?!

Thanks!

• Tin potTin pot Posts: 871
    Fire is the cleanser.
  • Tin pot said:
    Fire is the cleanser.
    Problem is now that I have a giant pile of turf interspersed with moss.. I'd take great pleasure burning the surface, but it'd just be skin deep!?