Forum home The potting shed

Cherish people

• Valley GardenerValley Gardener Rhondda ValleyPosts: 2,685
    Have you heard anything more @BirminghamMarc1972?
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955
    Hello he's breathing OK now. Doing a spinal drain to find out the cause of him suddenly being unable to walk. They think it's motor neurones but ain't 100% sure. He ain't had a seizure for over 10 years as he is on phenatoin for epilepsy he goes into hospital and they took him off them. I did explain but they didn't listen 
  • Valley GardenerValley Gardener Rhondda ValleyPosts: 2,685
    Lets hope its not M N. and hes soon on the road to recovery.
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
    Lets hope its not M N. and hes soon on the road to recovery.
    Cheers @Valley Gardener nice profile pic ☺
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,098
    I know it seems scary but they probably had to take your friend off all his meds in order to establish exactly what was going on with him. Wishing him the very best of luck 🤞 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

I know it seems scary but they probably had to take your friend off all his meds in order to establish exactly what was going on with him. Wishing him the very best of luck 🤞 

Thankyou dove x
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 4,039
    Is there an update, BirminghamMar? When I think of my friend who has motor neurone disease, I wonder about your friend’s circumstances too.
    BenCotto said:
    Is there an update, BirminghamMar? When I think of my friend who has motor neurone disease, I wonder about your friend’s circumstances too.
    Thank you mate.  Negative for motor neurones thankfully ☺ he is still very poorly unfortunately, he has been on a tablet for many many years called phenatoen (don't know the spelling)  and its poisonous to the body over a long period of time which has poisoned him so he's unable to walk. He's also running a very very high temperature now and they have located an infection in his heart which they are struggling to control 
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 4,039
    Just a small measure of good news in that. I have watched my friend’s world shrink, literally and metaphorically, since he was diagnosed with MND and it is a horrible, horrible condition. Let us hope the medical team caring for your friend can get on top of his situation. Fingers crossed.
    BenCotto said:
    Just a small measure of good news in that. I have watched my friend’s world shrink, literally and metaphorically, since he was diagnosed with MND and it is a horrible, horrible condition. Let us hope the medical team caring for your friend can get on top of his situation. Fingers crossed.
    Cheers mate. So sorry about your friend I really am. I did a bit of research about it when they said there was a chance of him having it and it's awful. I'm having to be the person looking after him as he has no other friends or family and beyond relieved it's not mnd. He ain't walked for best part of 2 weeks as the signal from the brain to the legs has been damaged by poisoning. He can stand OK but as soon as he tries to walk he's like bambi on ice even with a frame