Forum home Garden design

Garden progress

Hi
A little while ago I posted asking for advice on planting & pergola positioning while I got on with a much anticipated garden overhaul  . I didn’t have any design input from a professional - I just sketched out what I had in mind & my builder worked from that & so I was grateful for your help . I really wanted a useable space that had no grass ( there’s a lot of grass at the front - like a 2+hour mowing session every week 😭 ) . The space is 20x5 metres so I knew if I just slabbed it all it would look like a playground hence the pergola for height & to provide somewhere to sit under & eat as this garden is just off the kitchen . There was a run of lovely Caithness stone that was lost out there & we recycled this to the front where it looks like it was always there I also wanted a border ,but no straight lines & some lighting . I think what I wanted was more of a courtyard feel . Anyway , I was really appreciative of all your help and advice & promised to post some progress pics so once again many thanks for your collective wisdom xxx .   

• Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 1,484
    @Tayside2. Do love your ideas for your garden. It is looking really good now and you must be so pleased. Nice to know that the knowledgeable people on this forum were able to help you. Will look forward to further updates.  :)
  • Thank you , I’ve just posted the next stage . Almost done , I just thought it was too many pics all at once x
  • CeresCeres Posts: 2,102
    It's looking nice. I love the wavy edged flower bed and the front door looks so welcoming.
  • Me too, the stone is beautiful.
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.