Forum home Problem solving

LAWN TREATMENT

I cannot seem to work out the treatment for my lawn I have a 300sq mtr lawn and wish to treat the moss with iron sulphate using a 2gall watering can please can somebody tell me what quantity of sulphate of iron do I put  in a 2gall watering can. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,269
    I’ll give @glasgowdan a nudge ... he knows about lawns. 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 2,288
    edited October 2019
    About 300g - 320g for 10 litres powder mix , that what it is for mine yours maybe different does it not say on the label .  I wouldn't use a rose ( water can rose ) a proper sprayer would be best but I think you can get something to fit a watering can which is like a sprayer. 

How bad is the moss ? If its very bad and deep scarifying first and moss killing would be the way to go , then look into what causing the moss normally poor drainage. I
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,147
    Surely there are instructions and/or guidelines on the container?
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• I wouldn't go by the label on iron bags. 

I also wouldn't use a watering can as it heavily overdoses the stuff. Plus... 300m2!!! Get a £20 sprayer.

If the moss is thick, you won't kill it effectively with iron. 

Any signs of black later? You don't want to make it worse.

10 litres in a sprayer can be used with anything from 200-1000g soluble iron depending on the situation. 

There's so much to consider here.