Forum home The potting shed

Just how observant are you?

madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 2,119
edited September 2019 in The potting shed
I have lived in my town for over 50 years.
Today I passed a jewellers shop and the lady sweeping up outside I recognised from the jewellers shop I frequent nearby.
Looking up I noticed the shop was the same name as the one I use.
'Have you moved?' I asked
'No', she replied 'We have 2 shops in town and this one has been here since 1983!!'
I walk past this shop every time I am in town and have never noticed it  :/

So just how observant are you!!
“Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,341
    edited September 2019
    Not very.  I once hunted all over the house for my glasses, failing to notice I was wearing them.

There was a lady I used to see at choir practice.  And there was a lady I used to see when she visited her mum in the care home where I worked.  It wasn't until the day I worked late, and went straight to choir practice in my work uniform, that we both realised we knew each other in two different places.  Neither of us had made the connection, and each thought the other was two different people.
  • JoeXJoeX Posts: 1,292
    Very.  I notice if my toothbrush has been moved, if the last app used on my phone is different from the last one I used, and so on.

But why pay attention to things you’re not bothered about?  Jewellery shops wouldn’t register with me either.
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,341

JOSUSA.  I often try to get glasses on top of glasses that I’m already wearing.   
    I've been known to take off my glasses to put in contact lenses, then put my glasses back on.  Doesn't half make your eyes go funny.
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 1,607
    Runnybeak, does it help to think of wolf’s bane, leopardsbane and fleabane?
  • Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,305
    I'm more observant than my hubby.
    Also i have to do things in the same order.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 3,097
    I have done the " hubby puts something back on the wrong shelf so I get another thinking we are out"

• Well my husband was talking on his mobile phone, the person on the other end said that they had just sent him a text message. Hubby was then running around the living room. "What are you looking for I said", to which my husband responded "I am looking for my mobile, as I have just been sent a text message, where did I have it last" he said. "Try the mobile that you have next to your ear dearest, I said"...…..