Forum home Problem solving

3d design problem solving

hello, 
I am doing an art foundation and have been set a project to create a wearable piece of furniture or storage designed for gardeners specifically. 

are there any issues you seem to come across that you could think of that might be able to be solved by using a wearable furniture/storage device? thanks 

• Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 2,832
    1. I have no idea what "a wearable piece of furniture or storage" might be.
    2. You have been set a project? Well, it's up to you to do your homework, not up to us.
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Confusing question @orlabradbury02.
      To be wearable it would need to be an item of clothing eg a smock with multiple pockets.
    SW Scotland
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 1,724
    All sounds very Hussein Chalayan in 2000 and his coffee table dress 😉
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • well the only useful thing I can think of is a bag - If you do use a bag, glue a bit of grass to it and call it a portable garden pouch. Art project done
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,520

are there any issues you seem to come across that you could think of that might be able to be solved by using a wearable furniture/storage device? thanks 
    No
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 66,268
    edited September 2019
    I’m presuming this is a traditional Diagnostic Foundation course ...

A ‘walk in wardrobe’ that you could pick up and carry on your shoulders (like a
    yoke for carrying buckets of water) but more like a garden shed so you can take all your tools with you ...  it would also provide great shelter during showers and perhaps could even house a small loo of some sort ... 

Look at the drawings of W. Heath Robinson and someone whose name I’ll remember in a minute when OH brings me a ☕️  .... 
     Got it 💡 Rowland Emett ... look at his drawings and contraptions  ... wonderful 💕

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27313438

https://punch.photoshelter.com/gallery/Rowland-Emett-Cartoons/G0000e481CExtSaE/

Lots more online. Sheer genius !!!
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LoxleyLoxley Posts: 3,100
    Can I have a watch with a button that activates an inflatable chaise longue?
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,520
    WillDB said:
     :D 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 66,268
    WillDB said:
    You mean you haven’t got one ... 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• CeresCeres Posts: 1,917
    Hi Orla.
    A gardener needs to be unencumbered whilst working so any wearable device would only be useful in the context of carrying things to and from the area of work. It would need to be comfortable and flexible so you are looking at clothing design rather than a hard, sculptural piece. Some gardening tools are lethal so a degree of safety must be built in if carrying sharp implements.
    As someone who has been through the whole art school thing, the artist's statement is very important and you can exhibit any amount of garbage providing you can waffle on in International Art English for a page and a half. Pardon the cynicism and I truly wish you well but do make sure you can sound convincing.