Forum home Problem solving

Is this a Rosemary Beetle?

Saw it on a recently purchased Lavender. Not sure if its alive as it doesn't move even when I get up close. Is it a Rosemary Beetle and if so what shall I do other than kill it as I'd rather not? 

Thanks. 

• LG_LG_ SE LondonPosts: 4,049
    Yes, I'm pretty sure it is. 
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • LG_ said:
    Yes, I'm pretty sure it is. 
    Ahh ok, well I think its dead because it hasn't moved since I found it a few days ago... 
  • B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,069
    There'll be more. Seek and squish! Check every day until they stop appearing.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • I shook the plant but no more came out. I'll keep checking though. Think it may have come with the plant! 

Is there an alternative to killing them? Such as putting on a spiders web so she can have a snack? Or a bird table? 
  • B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,069
    Squish them and leave them on the bird table?
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • AnniDAnniD South West UKPosts: 11,008
    A friend of mine puts them in a bowl of soapy water, a clean end for them l suppose. I don't know if the birds would eat them, their colouring might serve as a warning. 
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 8,876
    Is there an alternative to killing them? Such as putting on a spiders web so she can have a snack? Or a bird table? 
    I've squished hundreds of vine weevils recently and every one of them gets eaten within an hour or less. It's equal parts disgusting and fascinating. :#
    Tradition is just peer pressure from dead people
  • B3 said:
    Squish them and leave them on the bird table?
    😂😭
  • Am I the only person on here who leaves the Rosemary Beetle to it's own devices.  We usually have 3 or 4 a year - perhaps the birds help to keep the numbers of these beetles down.  I have never had a problem with them.....so far.
  • Am I the only person on here who leaves the Rosemary Beetle to it's own devices.  We usually have 3 or 4 a year - perhaps the birds help to keep the numbers of these beetles down.  I have never had a problem with them.....so far.
    Hopefully I don't see anymore!