Ivy - even the fancy ones
Cornus 
Wild honeysuckle
Rambling rector
Vinca
Euphorbia
In London. Keen but lazy.

• BorderlineBorderline Posts: 4,688
    Add to that, Japanese Anemone, Houttuynia Cordata and Euphorbia Amygdaloides. Vinca I don't mind.
  • TheRicksterTheRickster Posts: 85
    edited September 2019
    This I can relate to! I’ll add achillea and crocosmia to the list!
  • B3B3 Posts: 24,501
    Crocosmia is a b****r. Isn't it?
    The slugs ensure that achillea never grows in my garden😕
  • B3 said:
    Crocosmia is a b****r. Isn't it?
    The slugs ensure that achillea never grows in my garden😕
    I’ve spent years trying to keep the crocosmia contained, still keeps popping up in unwanted places. Achillea was recommended by the mother in law after a visit to the Tatton flower show.... it’s everywhere now, self seeding into pots, in the middle of hydrangeas etc.
    edited September 2019
    You obviously need more slugs😉
  • Crocosmia for sure and Japanese Anemones. I thought I'd dug up all the roots when we built the rockery around the rockery where the pump is for the pond but no, they are springing up everywhere - except of course where I wanted them to grow LOL
  • NollieNollie Posts: 6,773
    Even the ‘so-called ‘well-behaved’ crocosmia Emily Mackensie is slightly alarming it it’s spread after just one year...

Wild Strawberry - almost as bad as bindweed with roots as deep and desperate to colonise everywhere.
    Mountainous Northern Catalunya, Spain. Hot summers, cold winters.
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 50,346
    I don't have any problem with Jap. anems. I didn't have slug problems with Achilleas either, and heaven knows, we have enough slugs to populate another planet.
    Wild rabbits are good for keeping vinca under control. 
    Montbretia can be difficult, but I haven't had any problems with cultivated Crocosmias.

The little Euphorbia - Fen's Ruby, is a bit of a thug though. Useful where nothing else grows though.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • Silver surferSilver surfer Posts: 4,247
    edited September 2019
    Eeeck!
    Euphorbia Fens Ruby.
    Should be sold with a health warning.

In our Welsh garden we planted a tiny plant.
    A few years later we had to dig every plant/shrub  out of a big border to try and get rid of the very cute, low, attractive thug.
    It didn't work.....In spite of extracting every bit from the centre of shrubs we still missed bits and back it popped.

Cornus doesn't deserve to be on that list.
    Grew many different sp.
    Yes Cornus alba sibirica , Midwinter Fire, Cornus canadensis suckers./spread ....

but rest all OK.............Cornus contraversa, Cornus capitata, Cornus florida, Cornus Mas, Cornus officinalis, Cornus alnifolia, Cornus nuttali, Cornus Kousa, Cornus congestum   etc etc.Fabulous.
    Perthshire. SCOTLAND .
    Didn't know which cornus I had. I do now!
    I agree about wild strawberries a total pita and as tasteless as a supermarket strawberry at Christmas.