Can someone help?

I moved house around 3 months ago. The garden is beautifully landscaped and very established, having never gardened before I’ve found a new passion in the upkeep of this garden and loving it - still learning about what to do and when and what everything is. 
I assumed that the plant in the picture was some kind of Lilly however it hasn’t flowered and only just started to open up - in the bud (not sure if that’s what you call it) there are what look like seeds. Looking for some help to identify what it is, what to do with it and well just some general advice about what to do with them. Thanks in advance. 

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,937
    It looks like the seed pod from Iris foetidissima.  If you leave it, the seed pods will ripen and burst open showing red seeds. The flowers are so insignificant in the summer that you probably did not notice them. 
    See the source image
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • Thank you, yes there were quite a few iris’s when we first moved - late may. Didn’t realise they were in the same places. I’ll do some more searching on this. Thanks again.