Name your favourite Dahlia?

PageZPageZ Posts: 66
Hi there.
As a dahlia lover, can I be a little nosy to know which one is your favourite?  :)
Here is my Top 1-Christopher Taylor

• NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 2,258
    Bit of a cliche, but for the pure red flowers and dark foliage, so far it’s Bishop of Llandalf.

Another I was surprisingly pleased with is Noordwijks Glorie - lovely blooms held clear of the foliage and fairly self-supporting for it’s height. I am a fairly new Dahlia growing tho, so lots still to discover...
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,117
    I like all the Honka dahlias ... Dahlia Honka ‘Verrone’s Obsidian’ is particularly striking but I’ve not actually grown it. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• My favourite single is Bishop of Auckland. Karma Choc is another favourite as well as Kilburn Glow. 

I know that's three but it's it's very hard form to single the best out of the three mentioned.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 6,986
    It would be like choosing my favourite child, even though I don't have any children :)
    You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand
    The things you think are precious, i don't understand
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,125
    I give collected a few over the years so lots of favourites, but this year its Crazy Love , just £1.00 from Wilco.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• There is a rarity called War of the Roses which I lust after but have not been able obtain:

• LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,422
    Bishop of Auckland here too.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,278
    I like any dahlia that I can get to grow and look like a decent plant, rather than a long, floppy slug-ravaged mess.  Don't like the ones with dark foliage, too gloomy.  I like the cactus and dense pompom flowers in strong colours, they remind me of the wax ones my nan had when I was small.  Before plastic flowers, and more lifelike.  And I like the single yellow ones about a foot tall because they remind me of some my dad grew in front of the house I grew up in.
  • Mine is viking, it flowers for a good few months and is very reliable even with very dry conditions like last summer!!
  • Probably Llandaff.

I like the Bishop ones and any with darker leaves anyway- when mine finally flowered (later than all the others due to planting late) I couldn't believe just how strong the red was.

Waltzing Matilda looks fantastic too so I'll have to add that next year.