Pre formed house martin/swallow nesting boxes

Has anyone used these - they fit under eaves, gutters etc and are made of a concrete/wood mix I believe. 

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,250
    I've got a bunch of the woodcrete swallow nest cups in the garage that I got in a job lot of bat and bird boxes off ebay but I haven't found a home for them yet. I've just given 2 away to some friends who are rebuilding a shed that gets used by swallows every year though. They're going to put them up in the new shed to encourage the birds to come back next year. The house martin cups are slightly different in design though as house martins usually have more exposed nests whereas swallows are usually under cover.
  • We have had house martins for two years now - one nest used both times.  This year the first brood tried to build a second nest but were unsuccessful in their attempts.  We think the parents had a second brood - it must have been a tight squeeze in that one nest so we thought we would try to help them by buying ready made nests.
  • MuddyForkMuddyFork North HampshirePosts: 435
    We have two of these for about ten years and they have been occupied every year.  House Martins have also built nests alongside with varying degrees of success.