Ridiculous request for ID

herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 1,121
Being a gardener of mainly edibles and useless at flowers and stuff - although a Gaura and Santalini have joined the heuchera from Hampton (Hostafan warned me I'd want more, I should have listened!  Congratulations by the way Hostafan). Anyway flowery neighbour gave me some poppy seeds but I'm just not sure.

They're not looking like I would have expected, any idea anyone?

• yorkshireroseyorkshirerose North YorkshirePosts: 309
    What I call two pots of 'Waitandseeeous'
    A gardener's work is never at an end  - (John Evelyn 1620-1706)
  • herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 1,121
    As you say yorkshirerose, just have to wait and see. Problem is I may still be none the wiser but then maybe I can ask again when they are a bit bigger. Neighbour says definitely poppy seed so I might nip round and see what hers look like but I'm pretty sure she has her paper bags mixed up  ;)
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 6,986
    I don't know what they are, but they are not poppies.
    You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand
    The things you think are precious, i don't understand
    Thank you Punkdoc, not very confident with 'flowers' and didn't want to argue over a gift but relieved to know I haven't lost it totally. Usually pretty good on weeds, although I have nurtured one or two, so I'll just keep them going and see what happens.  I may not be sowing the rest of the bag  :)
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,856
    A bit of a wild guess, but perhaps Platycodon (?) - the balloon flower.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
    I think you are spot on @pansyface ; !  Popped round for a visit to say thanks for the seeds and there is a border with several balloon flowers looking like more mature versions of my seedlings.  Hooray!  May have to tactfully ask for some more poppy seeds though  ;)