Forum home The potting shed

Strictly 2019

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,307
    I must admit that the "Anton's teeth" bit did make me laugh, the expression on Craig's face !
    I think the trouble was they marked the very first dance (Michelle) so highly it left them with nowhere to go. She was good, it was unfortunate that she danced first.
    I liked Chris & Karen's dance, l'm a sucker for the old fashioned style  (and l thought he suited the clean shaven look, he reminded me of Matt Baker).
    I liked Emma and Aliaz's dance with the Downton Abbey theme, but l don't think it really fitted together with the music.
    Finally,  much as l like Kelvin and Oti, there was no way that was worth one 10, let alone 2. I thought he nearly dropped her at least once.

PS What do you think of the judges giving standing ovations ?

• What did you think of Katya falling twice?
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • barry islandbarry island Posts: 1,054
    I'm not sure that Mike will ever learn to dance he's just such a weird shape but I can't knock him for trying, the judges seemed to say that David could never learn to dance and that he was "on his own journey" or something but he looks to me as if he is more capable of dancing than Mike would ever be, oh! and Katya should take more water with it. :)
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,307
    @Valley Gardener, there are rumours on another forum that Katya was drunk (allegedly),  but she said the first slip was accidental , and the second was deliberate as the other dancers were chanting "slip, slip" as they came up the stairs to Claudia. 
    Have to admit l didn't see it as l fast forwarded through much of their dance and just got the scores.
    I did see her in the background looking furious later on, though as @1Runnybeak1 says.
    When you think what she achieved with Ed Balls (particularly Gagnam Style !) , l was hoping for something similar with Mike.
  • oooftoooft Posts: 186
    edited October 2019
    I enjoy the dancing and the costumes but can't be bothered with the rest of the keech. I record it and only watch the dancing. I thought the lassie who fell did so with great panache
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 20,415
    edited October 2019
    I'm afraid I don't like Katya and find her brash and unattractive in too many ways tho she has been clever with choreography for some of her partners.  That meant I didn't really pay attention to Mike's dancing either as we all know he won't be going far and the wardrobe department is doing him no favours at all.   A clever tailor or designer knows how to make their client look better, not pitiable.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • I'm away for a few days, so haven't seen last nights yet. Having read the above posts I'm so glad I've recorded it. 🤣 Looking forward to seeing the teeth and the falls! 😉🤗 
    Agree RB, wish the judges would just walk down the stairs sedately and just sit down🙄
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 20,415
    They're all performance men and women tho aren't they - international dance competitions for the women where it does not pay to be shy and retiring - and the two chaps certainly milk their theatrical side.   Maybe they should make the judges bench a bit longer to give Bruno more space at the end and save Shirley's hairdo.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • 🤣🤣 yes, good idea Obelixx
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,274
    Overall a good show , looking forward tonight’s show 
    Antons teeth 🦷 well what can you say 🤠
    Katya , not going well