Strictly 2019

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,935
    @Biker , l agree. I was surprised by how good he was, especially as he had less training time than the others. I have just seen a bit of the training for next week's waltz on It takes two and that looks good even at this early stage. I thought he might be a bit too "muscular" around the neck but apparently Oti is making sure he keeps his shoulders down! 
    Have to say l like Michelle Visage's attitude. 
  • Hazel-1Hazel-1 Posts: 2,375
    @AnniD, I agree, he is very nimble around the dance floor and has learnt the moves surprisingly quickly, I agree re Michelle Visage too and I think she danced a good dance too. 
    North East
  • Some good dancing again tonight. Also some  rather random scores.
    Really wish they'd stop the time wasting at the beginning of some of the dances, especially the pancake flipping. The judges used to really moan about that and to many lifts.
    Shirley is completely different now Darcy has left......perhaps the rumours were true.
    Have a few favourites, the chap from Emmerdale being one.
    So who's going tomorrow 🤔🤔🤔
    I confess that I didn't enjoy it as much as the previous week. I think the shorter training time has made a few of them realise what they have taken on !
    I could hear Len's voice in my head saying "Stop all the faffing about" when it came to the pancake tossing ! 
    I just wish the audience would stop clapping along, l don't know what it's like in the studio but it's annoying me at home ! As far l can tell it's only the front couple of rows that seem to keep it up all the way through. 
    I enjoyed Kelvin's and Anneka's dances , but had no clue what Mike and Katya's dance was supposed to be. Had to rewind to discover it was an American smooth . I really thought he was going to drop her a couple of times.
    I think James Cracknell and David James are the most likely bottom two, but you never know.
  • Len used to say "stop all that flatulating", I think that Shirley appears different because she looks 10 years younger but her flirting with young boys is a bit ott. The best bit of the show has to be the professionals.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 18,129
    There was some good dancing last night - Michelle and Karim stood out for me.  Once again the costume department didn't do any favours to people like Mike Bushel and I don't think he had the best choreography or tune for that dance.    I thought I'd misheard and he'd break out into a Charleston.   That Paso from David was embarrasing but comedian Chris was a pleasant surprise.

I do think it's way too early in the season for some of the more demanding dances.  They should let the contestants have th etime to grasp rhythm and posture and basic steps and footwork before they have them doing full on Paso and dances with lifts and I can't remember the last time I saw anyone do a salsa that looked even midly authentic.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,782
    Over over all a good TV show 
    Do agree , more messing about at the start of the dances 
    A couple of wooden performances and I found the Cowboy 🤠 dance a rather strange America Smooth !
    Looking forward to results tonight 
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 830
    My tomatoes could ripen during the ridiculously exaggerated pause when announcing the results. “Get on with it,” I am imploring the audience to shout out.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,782
    Definitely one of the Wooden Dances went out 🕺🏼
    It wasn't really a surprise to be honest.  The professionals' opening dance was very dramatic , if a little dark. I couldn't make it out at times, and the audience whooping didn't help.