Forum home The potting shed

Strictly 2019

• BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 1,747
    My tomatoes could ripen during the ridiculously exaggerated pause when announcing the results. “Get on with it,” I am imploring the audience to shout out.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,396
    Definitely one of the Wooden Dances went out 🕺🏼
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,952
    It wasn't really a surprise to be honest.  The professionals' opening dance was very dramatic , if a little dark. I couldn't make it out at times, and the audience whooping didn't help.

• LoxleyLoxley Posts: 2,870
    edited September 2019
    Kelvin from Emerdale was an absolute revelation, I was transfixed. His dancing wasn't bad either!
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 21,886
    Good that James has gone no matter how nice a chap he is.  Never going to get it.

The only good thing about that Paso was the proper music.

Totally agree about the audience whooping and the long, irritating pauses.  We record and FF.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • James has suffered a brain injury and he was never going to get the hang of learning new dances in 7 days love him for trying though, the camera work in the professionals opening dance was poor there was so much going on especially featuring the flamenco dancer I didn't know where to look to get the full impact. I think that Katya must have performed in the circus in the past the way she got Mike to chuck her around, she'll come a cropper one day and I'm not talking Seann-gate. David James had a better effort with the cape last night but the judges have warned dancers of the folly of using a prop which goes horribly wrong such as a cape.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,952
    Bit of a mixed bag last night , think Anneka might be in trouble. 
    Far too early to be awarding 10s , l feel.
  • barry islandbarry island Posts: 1,054
    The best and worst bits "I like the false teeth Anton" funniest bit in 17 series of strictly, Anneka's dance was tragic, the idea might have been good but the running around wasn't. Now to show what I know about dancing, I thought Chris danced well but none of the judges did, maybe it was a camera trick. 
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,656
    I laughed so much at the Anton’s teeth bit that my cats were looking at me like I’d gone mad 🤪
    Some dances were suspiciously good and some, well, not actually dancing. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 21,886
    Anneke's performance was truly dreadful.   Michelle was impressive as was Dev.   Emma' salsa was positively sedate but did start off with some armography.  Stupid fuss baout here fear of those piddly lifts.   Much hilarity over the teeth remarks.  Much grumping about really bad music for Paso.

Too many 9s and 10s.  I wish they'd mark the others more realistically so the good ones can be too and we'll get to the 8s, 9 and 10s when the good ones get nearer the mark.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw