Forum home The potting shed

Strictly 2019

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,153
    Maybe Barry was referring to her nails - they were certainly spectacular! 
  • KT53 likes to misunderstand bless her/him.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 4,593
    KT53 likes to misunderstand bless her/him.

I wasn't misunderstanding anything.  barry island referred to her as an ostrich "but with claws".  The clear implication being that barry island thinks an ostrich doesn't have claws.  An ostrich does have claws, damn great big ones!
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,743
    Very pleased with the winner who has danced really well since the first show.   Brilliant show dance and judges' choice and their own were danced well too.  Proper heart-warming smile making stuff.

Doing well in Strictly can indeed lead to interesting opportunities such as the West End and other stuff but I would not pay to go and see the other two finalists as one irritates me to bits and t'other leaves me cold.    

Taylor Swift was utterly underwhelming.

Have to wonder who advises Shirley and Motsi most weeks.  Maybe the same ones who advise Tess and Claudia?  Must admit I have really liked some of Craig and Bruno's jackets this year but not so much the frocks.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 4,593
    Motsi's outfit this week was definitely the winner in the "What the hell is she wearing" contest this year.
  • Tess Daleys dress the previous week looked like a sweetie wrapper from the Quality Street tin 😕😄 She wore some strange outfits every week. 
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,153
    I think by now most people will know the result, so I think I can safely say that Kelvin & Oti's show dance was the thing that maybe pushed them over the winning line.
    It's strange to think he wasn't in the original line up and was called up so late - I hadn't realised that Chris Hollins was also a replacement for someone and also went on to win.
    I wonder how Jamie Laing feels, I hope he gets a chance next year to show what he can do.

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,529
    Have been on holiday , so just watched the Final and enjoyed all the dances 
    Thought it was close but Kevin was a worthy winner 
  • We've still got the Christmas special to look forward to. 💃🕺💃🕺💃

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,743
    Not sure about that really.  They always seem to wheel out former contestants I was glad to see leave their year of competition and OH doesn't approve if I FF the excrutiating bits.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw