Forum home The potting shed

Strictly 2019

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,584
    I agree that the show dance of the winner was really outstanding, but there was another winner for me personally (and from the judges comments in the interviews- I think they were super fond of that person too). 
    Really enjoyed the whole final show - it was brilliant. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 4,381
    For me there was one stand out performance on the night, and that was that Show Dance.  It blew everything else out of the water and showed just how accomplished that person has become.  Definitely an easy winner for me.
    There were no losers if the papers are to be believed today.  Already talking about West End shows etc.
  • There was one stand out winner for me too. But I'm sure at least one other will find themselves in West End shows soon anyway.  Haven't seen anything about it in papers or on TV, but watching some of them over the weeks it crossed my mind that would probably happen. Still think Michelle should  have stayed longer than she did. 
    There's still the Strictly tour, although she wasn't chosen for that either🤔🙄
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,839
    Well, l managed to avoid all spoilers, and watched it this morning .
     For me, that was one of the best finals l have seen for many years, and that Showdance was just something else.
    I won't say too much more for the time being in case there are still people who haven't seen it, but l did go through a couple of tissues! 
    It's funny, l just haven't felt as interested this year, but that Final more than made up for it !
    edited December 2019
    There seem to be two very different explanation for Michelle being absent from the tour.  One that she was never asked and the other that she was unable/unwilling to commit to the whole tour.  Who knows which is more accurate.  There are also rumours that she was 'difficult' to work with so maybe it was decided it was better not to take that tension into the tour?
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,839
    I read somewhere that she was asked if she'd like to take part, so she rearranged her schedule (Drag Race stuff etc) to fit it in, and was then told that the producers had changed their minds.
    She didn't seem that thrilled to be there last night.
    On the other hand, it was lovely to see Will again,  and l'm glad that his physio is going well. Fingers crossed he makes it to Tokyo.
    On another note,  l saw Stacey Dooley sitting in the front row, dressed in what looked like one of her outfits from last year. Did she and Kevin dance ? I fast forwarded through some of it and might have missed it. 
    Also, anyone have problems with hearing Taylor Swift? 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,265
    I think there was a problem with Taylor Swift early on ... it improved as she got into the song ... think it was a 'balance' problem.  
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Valley GardenerValley Gardener Posts: 1,827
    edited December 2019
    Yes @AnniD it was difficult to hear her to start with.

Fantastic show,everyone had worked so hard,but Im really happy with the winner,he came across as such a pleasant guy,and his showdance was off the scale!

Oh dear......what was that feather creation Motsi had on? She did a good impression of an Ostrich though.😊
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • Yes Motsi seemed to be channelling an Ostrich but with claws.
    Yes Motsi seemed to be channelling an Ostrich but with claws.

Haven't you seen the size of ostrich claws?  The gear Motsi was in makes many of Tess's outfits look positively stylish.