Forum home The potting shed

Strictly 2019

• KT53KT53 Posts: 4,593
    You get 6 votes and will use 2 of them in the first round of voting and 3 in the second round.  Duh!!
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,153
    Oops sorry AnniD  have no idea what happened in my last post 😣
    Had to edit this as for some reason it did exactly the same as last time......gremlins 😣
    No problem @star gaze lily l have had the same thing happen on a couple of my tagged posts in the last couple of days.
    As @KT53 says, it's been a case of "Vote for your favourite" couple for years now, as opposed to vote for the couple that you think were the best dancers. Back in series one people were voting for Christopher Parker because they knew him from EastEnders, even though one of his dances famously involved him running round the dancefloor with his Dracula style cape billowing behind him!
    Like @helix l wish Michelle had got to the final, l was voting for her as another one whose attitude l liked. One sassy woman !

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,743
    Absolutely.  Michelle danced with personality and worked hard to master each dance and perform both the steps and the feel of each one.  IMO, Emma has no dance personality and Karim is all about technique being enough.  It isn't.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • AnnieD  😉

Haha, I'd forgotten about Chris running around the dance floor with his Cape flying behind him 😂😂

I honestly thought Michelle would get to the final. Unfortunately I think her last choice of dance didn't do her any favours. 
    Emma, looks a bit like a mannequin with her starey eyes, sorry 😏
  • @star gaze lily. I have to agree about Micheles last dance,she shot herself in the foot with that one,pardon the pun!

So Judges choice for next Saturday is Karim......quickstep. 
                                                           Emma.....Charleston
    And poor old Kelvin gets the dreaded Rumba,his 4th dance,whilst the other two get a very recent dance. I call that very unfair.  
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.

So Judges choice for next Saturday is Karim......quickstep. 
                                                           Emma.....Charleston
    And poor old Kelvin gets the dreaded Rumba,his 4th dance,whilst the other two get a very recent dance. I call that very unfair.  
    At this stage it really doesn't matter as the vote is entirely down to the public.  I suspect if somebody's favourite fell flat on their face in all dances, they would still get the vote.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,743
    I've just watched Kelvin's rumba again and, for week 4, it's pretty good - plenty of steps for him to do plus good rhythm and hips too and great music and I suspect he'll do an even better job in the final. 

Bloody awful trousers tho.  Funny shape and bad fit.  I hope the wardrobe people fix that.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • barry islandbarry island Posts: 1,054
    edited December 2019
    @KT53Thanks for reading my post and kindly commenting on it I'm sorry that you didn't understand it.
    @KT53Thanks for reading my post and kindly commenting on it I'm sorry that you didn't understand it.
    Maybe you need to clarify what you were trying to say.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 15,097
    I think that Kelvin will make a good job of whatever dance he is given, he has a great body that does what its told and a great sense of rhythm and musicality.

I was glad that Michelle was voted out, there was something about her that I didn't like although her dancing was good.
    Dordogne and Norfolk