Forum home The potting shed

Strictly 2019

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,848
    I wonder if that as Karim was in the dance-off then he is not getting enough votes, and therefore is unlikely to win. The latest betting odds reflect that too. I think he has the potential to do an amazing Show Dance - just his style I think. I’m torn between the boys to win. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,153
    I do wish they'd have an "It takes two" after the final, with behind the scenes stuff and interviews with the winners and runners up.
    After the trophy is presented ,it all just comes to a dead stop. I seem to remember some years ago they did a follow up on the red button straight after the show.
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 2,027
    I am just idly musing here. Why are the contestants, judges and presenters universally addressed on this forum only by their given names and not surnames as well? Monty, Carol, Adam et al are referred to using their full names as often as they are solely by their forenames.
  • On my post about Karims dance....it should have read *his other dance.......not * his or her dance 😕😂

Not Anti Karim, just didn't think he deserved such high scores this week. But it's not just him that gets random scores.
    Really want Kelvin to win.
    I enjoyed watching Chris dance every week. He really tried so hard. 
    Agree @AnniD  would be good to have a ITT after the final. I remember the red button follow up too.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,743
    @Ben Cotto - takes too long to type their surnames too, especially if, like me, you have dyslexic fingers.  

I've enjoyed watching Chris dance far more than Karim.   Chris was clearly a non dancer who expected to get nowhere but made a tremendous effort to learn, embraced the whole experience, ended up having a ball, entertained us with his attitude and performances and actually learned to dance.   

Kelvin is pretty similar, starting off as a non dancer, and without benefit of the ntroductory 3 weeks, except he's clearly got innate dance talent and musicality which not everyone has and he's worked hard too.

Karim just doesn't have their winning ways and nor does Emma who is still under performing.  Anton has been in the finals before - 1st season - and has had other good partners, better than Emma.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Anton got to the final with Katie Derham who he got on well with too.
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 14,386
    edited December 2019
    Oops sorry AnniD  have no idea what happened in my last post 😣
    Had to edit this as for some reason it did exactly the same as last time......gremlins 😣
  • HelixHelix 704m altitude...Posts: 631
    Although I agree it was time for Chris to go, I still wish Michelle was there instead of the totally unmemorable Emma. She’s the dancing equivalent of paint by numbers...no personality or individuality and totally dull. And Anton needs to tone down his hair dye! 

Buy why isn’t Karim getting votes...he may not be as good as Kevin but to have come below both Emma and Chris is a shocking lack of respect.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 4,593
    Helix said:

But why isn’t Karim getting votes...he may not be as good as Kevin but to have come below both Emma and Chris is a shocking lack of respect.
    People are free to vote for who they like most, and I suspect that comes down to a combination of dance ability, interpretation,personality along with the indefinable 'just because' gut feel.  The rules do not say that people must vote for the person the judges think is best.
  • Emma has the Eastenders fan club who are more likely to watch than Karim's CBBC fan club so that may explain why Emma gets more votes, the same way that I imagine Judy Murray would get all of the Scottish votes and if Tom Jones was on he would get the Welsh votes. Personally this week I voted for Emma, Kelvin and Karim, in the final we get six votes and so in the first round we will vote on the best two and then all three votes will go on to who we think should be winner, great fun.