Strictly 2019

• I feel Oti's odds may have improved somewhat! 
    Talking of odds: who's gonna be involved in the first scandal this year? It's usually the non actors who have problems with the "strictly curse" because they're not used to being in that intense a relationship. Having had experience of acting (albeit at the Am-Dram end) and encounter groups it's very easy to mistake the relationship for one of a very different nature!
  • 1Runnybeak11Runnybeak1 Posts: 8,491
    I haven’t watched Emmerdale since all there was to worry about was if Annie Sugdens apple pie didn’t burn.       I know who Kevin Fletcher is now.  Had to look it up though.   Let’s hope he can dance....do they have substitutes standing in the wings so to speak ?    SGL.   I hope Anneka and her manic grin goes first too.   I did read that she had had an injury and that’s why she wasn’t in the group dance.   Doesn’t bode well does it.  
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 12,664
    edited 8 September
    Hi RB, yes I read earlier that she has a shoulder injury......apparently she fell in a friends garden. I wonder if she was running around like a headless chicken like she used too in her shellsuit😉 
    Also whilst browsing on my iPad about Kevin being the replacement for Jamie Laing, there was a photo of Kevin in a sparkly spangly top.......was he already lined up just in case?🤔🤔

Hehe, he certainly has AnniD 😉😉
  • 1Runnybeak11Runnybeak1 Posts: 8,491
    edited 8 September
    Could well be SGL.   I expect that they have a lot of people on standby, just in case of injury or someone injuring themselves while on the ol sherbet. 
  • I expect I'll watch it as it cheers up the winter Saturday night viewing. Never heard of most of them,but it's the same most years. Not quite the same without Darcy.
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,877

I watched Emmerdale until we moved to France in 1985, I liked Frazer Hines - he must be in his mid 70s by now.

I haven't heard of most of them either, doesn't matter, it's fun and colourful whoever they are.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,946
    ''Appen in 'Otten Mr Wilkes".....
    Amos Brierley,  there was a character.  I used to have a bit of a crush on Frazer Hines back in the day.
    Meanwhile, back on Strictly ......
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 3,607
    I never watch the first few weeks, and given the chance would mute the telly the moment the dance ends.  The idiotic screaming and whooping, along with standing ovation for a celeb who has barely managed to stay on their feet is ridiculous.
  • Well we always used to mute Brucie, but I know what you mean KT53....😁
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • Well we always used to mute Brucie......
    Euphemistically, Brucie is now permanently muted