Forum home The potting shed

Strictly 2019

• I expect I'll watch it as it cheers up the winter Saturday night viewing. Never heard of most of them,but it's the same most years. Not quite the same without Darcy.
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,872

I watched Emmerdale until we moved to France in 1985, I liked Frazer Hines - he must be in his mid 70s by now.

I haven't heard of most of them either, doesn't matter, it's fun and colourful whoever they are.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,946
    ''Appen in 'Otten Mr Wilkes".....
    Amos Brierley,  there was a character.  I used to have a bit of a crush on Frazer Hines back in the day.
    Meanwhile, back on Strictly ......
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 4,425
    I never watch the first few weeks, and given the chance would mute the telly the moment the dance ends.  The idiotic screaming and whooping, along with standing ovation for a celeb who has barely managed to stay on their feet is ridiculous.
  • Well we always used to mute Brucie, but I know what you mean KT53....😁
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • Well we always used to mute Brucie......
    Euphemistically, Brucie is now permanently muted 
  • Thought Strictly was on tonight......recorded it......just started watching and it's about the lives of the professionals. 
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,395
    Personally didn’t bother to record , it been to Theatre this afternoon  , currently listening to Proms in the Park , excellent 
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 21,884
    @star gaze lily They did say there were 2 weeks before the competition started and this week there would be a show about the professionals.

Very indulgent and hceap TV but some good moments when they show proper highlights.  Not so much about how the professionals got to be there but that would need them to edit years and years of pro archives, wouldn't it?
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Yes, I know @Obelixx.....i forgot