Forum home The potting shed

Strictly 2019

• It is really a very entertaining popularity contest, that can be seen by those who say things like "I don't like that person", nothing about the dancing but about how the competitor comes across on the television.
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 1,314
    Yep, Barry, that’s me. Except I would call it quite entertaining not very entertaining and don’t agree that it’s nothing about dancing. I can’t tell a fox trot from a foxglove but I know the difference in dancing talent between Ore Oduba and James “you dance like a murderer” Martin. 

Were I ever to vote, and I have not yet been tempted, I would be swayed against celebrities who come across as pretentious or vacuous and there have been plenty of those on the show and not just the dancers but the judges and presenters too.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 4,166
    Talking of vacuous presenters, do you think Tess Daly will ever wear a dress which actually fits her?
  • I cant take my eyes off her long swinging arms,I think the dress was meant to hang off her shoulder.  Still better than Brucie though.
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • What a dull drab day I hope the show tonight brightens this November evening up for us all, looking forward to a spectacular tonight fingers crossed.
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,500
    Hoping the dances will be fab-u-less tonight. When do they start doing two each? Hope there’s an Argentine Tango tonight 🙌🏼
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • steveTusteveTu Posts: 456
    I was lucky enough to be in Buenos Aires a fair few years back and used to walk through the city to and from work (along a pedestrian precinct called Lavalle I think - very harsh 'll' in Argentina) - you used to get couples with 'boom boxes' who would just start impromptu tango demos (much as you see buskers in London) - absolutely brilliant.
    UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 20,428
    OH and I love the ballroom tango.  It's our favourite dance.   Tried Argentine but, by comparison, it is unstructured and the music is much more fluid and OH could never get the timing right and it isn't good for my dodgy spine.  However, we love to watch it.   It's a much more sultry, sensual and sleazy dance than ballroom tango tho it can be danced with humorous touches too.

Enjoyed Alex and Neil's version tonight.   Maybe too many multiple flicks for her and not enough simpler ochos and ganchos but impressive nonetheless.   Thought it deserved better marks.

Loved Chris's Paso - not perfect but good choreography and well performed.   Also liked Karim's contemprorary but agree with Craig about the lack of feeling.  No warmth.   Kelvin's dance was great fun.  Oti's a clever choreographer and he is just amazing.

Saffron's samba looked wooden and heavy to me and Emma is as irritating and underwhelming as ever.

Who, for heaven's sake, let Bruno loose with a microphone and a song?   Horrendous!
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • I had to agree with Craig over Karims performance,it may have been perfect but was souless. I liked Kelvin and Oti,but not the awful trousers he wore,They seem to have cut back this year on nice outfits.  Loved Chris and Karens Paso.
    Agree about Bruno, whatever was he doing singing,I use the term loosely!😀
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,276
    Overall no really bad performances last night , will be interesting who’s in dance off 
    Obviously some you like more than others 
    Bruno didn’t get a 10 for his singing from me 😉