Strictly 2019

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,784
    Just got home , have recorded show will watch it before dance off tomorrow 
    Some interesting comments 
    Keep Dancing 
  • HelixHelix 704m altitude...Posts: 600
    I generally dislike the couple’s choice, but I liked Michelle’s voguing as it really suited her.   She’s proved that she can dance so I hope the judges are supportive of her as I imagine she’ll be in the dance off.    And I would far prefer to see her continue than the unmemorable Saffron, or the irritating Emma, or Chris the clunky.  A final with her, Kevin and Karim would be fun to watch.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,963
    I must admit that that was the first Strictly that l have really enjoyed for a long time. I felt that they all upped their game for Blackpool and all seemed to embrace the experience .
    Whether it was the acoustics or what, l don't know, but the band and singers sounded better, and the audience seemed much quieter. Possibly because the sound of the clapping was lost in the ballroom. 
    I was a little disappointed by Michelle's dance to "Vogue" - by it's very nature it is more "armography" than anything else, and l felt it might have been better suited to Elstree.
    Kelvin's jive was up there with Jill Halfpenny and Jay Mcguiness for me, and l didn't think Karim's Charleston would have deserved top score as l thought the timing was out on several occasions.
    The way that we all watch it and come up with different opinions, that fascinates me !
    Finally, Sooty "reading" the terms and conditions and giving Claudia a kiss. 😁
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 839
    edited 17 November
    I watch the programme with merely mild interest. I would like to think I am in no way homophobic but that fawning tribute to the LGBT community by, I think, Michelle put me right off the mushroom risotto I was preparing at the time. It was cringeworthy.

Nor did I understand why one of the judges (Motsi Mabuse?) claimed to be proud of one of the dancers. Why, was she the coach? Is she related? So much gushing blandness. And why do the judges thank the dancers? It’s all very odd. I miss Len with his dry comments but was not sorry when Darcy Bussell left the show. 

Very much looking forward to the England v Kosovo game this evening hoping for some ‘footology’, or is it ‘footography’? It almost makes me weep.
    Watched yesterday’s programme , thought an excellent TV 📺 show 
    Will be interesting to see who GBP put in the dance 💃🏼 off 
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 18,216
    Unfortunately, the wrong ones for me.   There are 2 or 3 dancers not as good as the one who went and I think the final will be less as a result.   Bummer.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    Not surprised about who went out , thought the dance was good but a bit to different 
  • All of my favourites are still in this is where it hots up.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,889
    The right ones for me, I didn't like that dance at all.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 12,672
    Think the right one went tonight,  I didn't like that dance at all either. Very strange choice. The one that the judges voted to stay was a far better dancer tonight. 
    I knew she wouldn't be in the dance off, but really wanted Alex to go, she gets on my nerves.
    The other remaining couples are really good. 
    Would like Kelvin to win.