Runner beans hiding

Why can't somebody produce a variety of runner bean which isn't virtually the same colour as the foliage.  I end up dizzy from doing several circuits of my beans trying to ensure that I don't miss any.  Surely it's not too much to ask. :D

• 1Runnybeak11Runnybeak1 Posts: 8,371
    I know what you mean KT53.   You think you have collected all that there is to pick and then you see more even though you have been standing right beside them.  Mine are grown in rows, not in a wigwam style so I usually peek through the the ends and see loads more dangling and ready for picking.    Not complaining really are we 😌.   I just love them.   
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 3,449
    Mine are in a row too, but the buggers keep hiding.  I'll see them by peeking in the end of the row, but when I go along the front to get them.......
    Ha ha, I know, they disappear.   You have to clock them and keep your eye on that particular part of the row.    Sneaky sods. 
  • NannaBooNannaBoo Posts: 1,040
    I'm only 5ft and the cains are 8ft and the rotters are only producing at the top and I can't reach them :'(
    😁😁 Nannaboo.   Mine haven’t got there yet, but they will, it always happens.    Be careful, don’t want to tumbling into them.  
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,119
    Can’t reach the top of mine either, the worst thing is when you miss the same one for several days! 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• NannaBooNannaBoo Posts: 1,040

1Runnybeak1 and Lyn, son is tall thank goodness so I asked him to pick the one's at the very top for me tonight. I had thought of using the ladder but don't like heights and so would tell me off. As I can't reach to stop them growing I'm hoping the tops will hang down and the beans will do the same. It won't matter soon as sadly we will need to pick everything and take the vines down:'( 
    It makes me sad to think of it Nannaboo.   The end of summer is all too soon.   I’m ever hopeful every year for an Indian Summer.  I’m sure we will have some nice days still to come.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,119
    I love the changing seasons, I don’t mind when the flowers have finished and I can have a rest for the winter.  Spring is my favourite season when everything starts popping up, but then I’m flat out busy seed sowing. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.