Agapanthus seeds

How to keep and when to plant, please?

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,296
    sow in a gritty compost and leave them outside until Spring when they should germinate. 
    Then wait a number of years before they flower. 
    Devon.
  • Thank you I will enjoy the wait!

Robert
    edited 2 September
    They may, or may not, be the same as the "mother" plant.
    You've got more patience than I.
    Devon.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,119
    edited 2 September
    They grow very quickly and germinate well, I sowed these in January ‘ 17 indoors,  I put them in 5” pots last year and have neglected them this year so they’re still in the 5” pots, had I potted them on this year they would have been even bigger. I will report now into 6” pots ready for overwintering.  This was just one seedling in each pot, they have doubled some even trebled from the base. 

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Thank you for that inspiration. They are such a rewarding flower to have in the garden.

Robert
    Lyn said:
    They grow very quickly and germinate well, I sowed these in January ‘ 17 indoors,  I put them in 5” pots last year and have neglected them this year so they’re still in the 5” pots, had I potted them on this year they would have been even bigger. I will report now into 6” pots ready for overwintering.  This was just one seedling in each pot, they have doubled some even trebled from the base. 

Are those the seeds from my garden?
    Devon.
  • They are seeds from my garden. Beautiful flowers.

Robert 
    sorry @Robert314, I was asking @Lyn if those were from the seeds she got here. 
    Sorry for any confusion.
    Devon.
  • No problem enjoy the rest of your day...

Robert
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,119
    @hostafan, no you gave me plants, and I got those seeds from somewhere else. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.