Forum home Garden design

Designing with non square boundaries where to site the shed.

We’ve recently moved into a 1930s detached country house with a large garden with very mature (and extremely overgrown) fruit trees. There is what I would call an ‘avenue’ of apple trees  running along the RH boundary fence. I want to put my shed at the end of this avenue to create a meaningful walkway through the ‘avenue’. However, the boundary fence (which would be behind the shed) is at an obtuse angle. So this would mean the shed if sitting perpendicular to the avenue is then crooked with the rear fence. I hope that makes sense! 🤪Incidentally I’m going to plant a beach hedge along the rear fence so hopefully this make it less noticeable. Id appreciate any thoughts. 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,339
    Try to leave a big enough space behind it for a hidden compost heap, rather than the smallest triangle you can make which would just be a gathering point for leaves and other rubbish.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,927
    Try to leave a big enough space behind it for a hidden compost heap, rather than the smallest triangle you can make which would just be a gathering point for leaves and other rubbish.
    @fidgetbones

Thats exactly what I was going to say. Every garden needs a hidden corner for compost heaps, pots, slabs that may come in useful ... that sort of thing.  
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh