Forum home Plants

Rozanne, aiming for world domination.

2»

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,344
    The beauty of pots @debs64 :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 2,912
    @Fairygirl they can be a nightmare to water but they do provide an interesting way to ring the changes! 
  • LoxleyLoxley Posts: 2,957
    debs64 said:
    Perhaps unfairly I tend to prefer plants with a shorter flowering season as they seem more “special”  I grow so much in pots so I can move the star performers into prime position as they reach perfection. Give me a poppy or an iris or a beautiful blowsy peony any day! This is also why I loathe conifers. So boring! But of course if we all liked the same things there wouldn’t be enough to go around would there? 
    That's fine if you have a large garden with space to line up your cast while they wait for their roles... The length of time a plant looks good is probably my top priority, or if it's fleeting, it's got to either disappear or blend in with later stuff (like my Iris sibirica).
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,344
    debs64 said:
    @Fairygirl they can be a nightmare to water but they do provide an interesting way to ring the changes! 
    I don't have to do much pot watering here  ;)
    I've seen pix of your lovely arrangements though - they're really splendid. Hope the neighbours and passers by enjoy seeing them too  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• MossbankMossbank Posts: 16
    WillDB said:
    They're like G. Anne Folkard and Anne Thompson in their habit, they continually flower and extend their growth throughout the season, either treat them as a scrambler through other things or hack them back periodically. If you understand their habit, it's not a 'bad' habit. I can't think of anything else that wants to flower so prolifically for so long. There are 'choicer' geraniums, but generally they only give you a few weeks of flower.
    I have always avoided the scrambling types but Rozanne wasn't described as such when I bought it. But I will definitely try cutting it back next year. I find it hard to cut flowers off, but will grit my teeth and give it a go.
    It does make sense that a geranium that doesn't stop flowering once it starts is going to get longer...and longer.