Forum home Wildlife gardening

Who’s pooh!

Evening All, hope no one has melted today! I keep finding this on the lawn. This is dried as we have been away, so perhaps it’s just a cat but it’s small for a dog or cat I think. I wondered if it looked familiar to anyone- can’t see anything bone/animal related in it.. 

• PalustrisPalustris Posts: 3,671
    Badger?
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160
    Fox
  • FlinsterFlinster Posts: 883
    I’m very curious and wish I had a night camera... I just went out and stood in the dark for a while to see if I could hear anything, but just saw a few toads walking around (yay!) and could hear frogs/or toads moving and the rasping of slugs (grrrr!). Will keep my eye out for some fresh stuff. 
  • nicktennickten Posts: 118
    Give it a lick. If it tastes of worms it's badger, tastes like your bins it's fox.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,343
    Looks like the fox has been at the cherries. I get similar presents.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
    Not my cherries, although next door has them so that would make sense. Intetestthey are coming to me to me as I don’t think I have anything they’d be interested in, although I don’t have a dog, whereas most do on our road including either side of me, so perhaps it’s a good through route to somewhere! 😃
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,254
    I think I read (or it might have been on SpringWatch) that badger poo smells musky and fox poo is just awful. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
    edited August 2019
    Doesn’t smell of anything to be honest but then it wasn’t fresh to be fair. I do wonder what the pips are.. I don’t think they are cherries they are too small.. maybe blackberries or something? I think I also found some hedgehog pooh today too which I’m a bit excited about.. again not fresh but has bits of beetle in it!
  • Dave HumbyDave Humby Posts: 1,077
    I’m not convinced those last images are hedgehog