Forum home Problem solving

Anemone not happy!

starryskystarrysky Posts: 24
edited August 2019 in Problem solving
I have a September Charm anemone which I moved from our old house and replanted in full sun next to a short wall. It really doesn't look happy!! It seems to wilt a lot! Any advice? I know they don't really like being moved but do I need to move it somewhere less hot and dry?

• K67K67 Leicestershire Posts: 2,507
    I always thought they preferred a shady spot 
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 11,344
    Not a plant for full sun.
    He calls her the chocolate girl
    Cause he thinks she melts when he touches her
    She knows she's the chocolate girl
    Cause she's broken up and swallowed
    And wrapped in bits of silver
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,480
    edited August 2019
    Mine is in almost full shade and it was wilting yesterday.  A couple of buckets full of water improved things 

but you can see this morning how a couple of hours of yesterday’s sun scorched the blooms. I shall have to deadhead them again today. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• starryskystarrysky Posts: 24
    edited August 2019
    Thanks everyone! I had a suspicion that the garden centre label was not correct re the position! I will think about where to re house it!
  • Even the rhs website says full sun to part shade- I am coming here first in the future! Thanks all 
  • Joy*Joy* Posts: 571
    I've many of these, planted just before last Christmas. I have to water them a lot or the flower stems wilt. I thought that it was because they hadn't become established. 
  • I think it’s also often said that anemone do not transplant well either
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,404
    In damp conditions they can cope with quite a bit of sun, but they do best in shade.

I've transplanted several and never had a problem with them adapting. It will come down to suitable climate and conditions though.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....