2»

• LoxleyLoxley NottinghamPosts: 4,976
    Cuprinol Garden Shades, Urban Slate :)
  • LatimerLatimer Latimer, BuckinghamshirePosts: 790
    WillDB said:
    Cuprinol Garden Shades, Urban Slate :)
    Cheers
    My lawn finally succumbed to my lust for plants. A slate path will be laid between the two stone areas.

• LatimerLatimer Latimer, BuckinghamshirePosts: 790
    A good decision from the look of it.

I've made a similar decision about lawn, I just haven't told my wife yet! 🙈
  • PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 2,288
    edited October 2020
    Looks good Loxley I am think of getting rid of my postage stamp front lawn to. How come you are going with slate for the path ? I see it will match the fence and divided the garden up better but it may look a bit coarse against the smooth stone slabs when they are clean. I wonder how long it takes to put a box ball / architectural plant at the end of the path in the other bed  ;)
  • Ferdinand2000Ferdinand2000 Posts: 537
    edited October 2020
    Looking at it I think it looks really improved and continuing to improve.

I think my biggest suggestion would be that you want a focal point in the back left corner almost as far as the rear wall, so that your eyes are drawn beyond the  block you have created which will conceal the shed.

It could be a gazebo, or urn, or nymph, or bright bird feeder, or interesting plant, or even one of those interesting fake mirrored doors so they all think you have another garden beyond.

F
    “Rivers know this ... we will get there in the end.”
  • Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 2,933
    Thanks for the update, it's great to see the images and read your thought process behind the decisions.  
    Utah, USA.
  • D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, Haute Vienne/Dordogne border. FrancePosts: 3,953
    Great to see the progress, very brave but it looks like it works well. More photos please, especially next spring as everything comes into its own. 
    "To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul." — Alfred Austin
    Perki said:
    Looks good Loxley I am think of getting rid of my postage stamp front lawn to. How come you are going with slate for the path ? I see it will match the fence and divided the garden up better but it may look a bit coarse against the smooth stone slabs when they are clean. I wonder how long it takes to put a box ball / architectural plant at the end of the path in the other bed  ;)
    I have nasty concrete paving by the house, with the usual manhole covers in it. Slate chippings was the easiest way of dealing with the area that didn't involve breaking up the concrete by hand! 
    @Perki I put down the first couple of bags of slate, gonna need a few more to bring the level up No description available