Silk Road seed pods

i collected these last year and just found them. Is it ok to plant and leave outside in pots?

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,139
    I thought cannabis needed heat and artificial lights to grow. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• granmagranma Posts: 1,817
     Cannabis  ?   Is that what silk road seeds are  ?
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,563
    @Lyn ; It does in the UK. 
    @granma ;   It sure is.  It is also illegal even if the cops do little about it.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,118
    edited 25 August
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

@granma. Not illegal if you only grow it for yourself the trouble comes if you sell it to someone else. 

edited 25 August
    Lyn said:
    @granma. Not illegal if you only grow it for yourself the trouble comes if you sell it to someone else. 
    Afraid you’re mistaken @lyn ... as it’s now Class B again, it’s illegal to grow even one plant for purely personal use without a licence to grow it.  

What the police may or may not do about it is likely to vary on a case by case basis ... but the legal position remains the same

https://crimebodge.com/whats-the-law-on-cannabis-use-in-the-uk

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/cannabis-users-allowed-grow-drugs-6111926
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

@Dovefromabove. Stand corrected then, bit out of touch now. 

edited 25 August
    😆 

Yes it was downgraded to Class C and then Gordon Brown put it back up to B. Had to be aware of such things when when I worked. 

Looks like still a grey area from both of those links, seems Devon and Cornwall don’t care as a couple of other boroughs. Keep it illegally, push it underground, doesn’t make sense to me. Lots of people have benefited from the effects.

I tend to agree @Lyn ... but of course in my work I had to go by the letter of the law.