Geranium Rozanne

harmonyharmony Posts: 177
This pic is of 3 geranium rozanne that I planted spring 2017. Last year they didn't do too much but this year they are romping away and are beautiful but covering my hebe's. I think the space is too small for all 3  so wondering when would be the best time to move 2 . Ideally I would like to move them in spring as I was told that they can flower until november and I couldn't bear to cut them back when still in flower. Also do you think rozanne would be happy growing beneath cherry tree in semi shade...

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,020
    I have Rozanne in semi shade but she doesn't come close to yours for flowers
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 7,918
    edited 23 August
    I have one growing in a raised bed which is also a sun-trap and is smothered like @harmony 's but never gets any additional water @nutcutlet so I'd have to assume Rozanne is one which does better in those conditions.
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • HelixHelix 704m altitude...Posts: 535
    My rozanne is now in semi shade and she gets a bit leggy.  Probably ought to chop her early but always forget! 
  • Dirty HarryDirty Harry Posts: 478
    Hardy geraniums are always a good shout for dry shade are they not?

I'd suspect it'd be fine under the tree once established.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,020
    Hardy geraniums are always a good shout for dry shade are they not?

I'd suspect it'd be fine under the tree once established.
    some are good in shade, some less so

• B3B3 Posts: 9,968
    One of mine has got buried under a large dahlia. Actually,it was me that put the dahlia too close😕A GR flower stem has popped its head up above it. I also have a VB that has worked it's way through a clematis and must be pushing 8ft tall.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,358
    That's lovely Harmony. I have several, including a new one this year which I've put under a magnolia tree. It will be interesting to see how it copes with partial shade compared to the others in full sun.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,050
    edited 24 August
    I moved my Rozanne from a shady spot to a sunnier bed ... the improvement was astonishing 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh