Scented geraniums advice please

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have a question regarding scented geraniums. In the Spring I bought seven different fragrances and planted them in a horse trough. They were only small plants so inbetween them I planted some pelagonium cuttings which needed to ‘grow on’.  I was not expecting much growth as sometimes the trough drys out a little and as it is placed against the house, only the front half gets the sun. Needless to say everything has gone bazerk! I am in the middle of trying to transplant the pelagoniums into pots but some bizzy-lizzie plants I had last year have popped their seeds into the compost and so I also have copious buzzy-lizzie seedlings as well. Quite a mix. After this long introduction, my question is this: Underneath all this growth I have unearthed a cherry scented geranium which has been growing horizontally across the top of the trough! It has become quite leggy and the leaves at the base of the plant have turned brown but the plant is still alive. How should I take care of it to bring it back to full health? Thank you in advance for any ideas.

• Joy*Joy* Posts: 338
    Take some cuttings from the straggly bits and put the root end in a pot and see whether the 'prune' produces a better plant. I left one outside all winter, by accident.  Frost just about killed it but after removing the dead bits in spring, it has produced a very tidy plant. You will probably end up with several nice plants as they are easy to grow, but you do need to keep them frost free in winter!
  • Hi Joy,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and for your informative post. I shall certainly give your suggestion a try and see what happens. Thank you again.
    Frenchbean
  • Joy*Joy* Posts: 338
    It's a pleasure to help,  Rosie.  B)
  • So I tried to change my name which is posted on show! That didn’t work! LOL My secret’s out!
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,561
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Butterfly66Butterfly66 BirminghamPosts: 29
    You need to log out and back in again for that name change to come into effect. I don’t think they mention that it in the instructions.
     If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.”—Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Hi Butterfly66 and fidgetbones, thank you for your help. I have tried your suggestions. The username on my profile info has changed but I am still coming up on the forum and also the righthand corner of the website with the smiley face as part of my email address! Strange!