Squash or courgette?

K67K67 Leicestershire Posts: 493
My daughter grew this. It seems to have a courgette in the top but firmer flesh than a squash she says.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,133
    Possibly one of the round yellow varieties of courgette that has been allowed to grow into a round yellow marrow? 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 2,267
    That’s a bit of a monster! The outside doesn’t look very courgette-like but I have no idea what they would look like if allowed to grow so big...
  • K67K67 Leicestershire Posts: 493
    Possibly one of the round yellow varieties of courgette that has been allowed to grow into a round yellow marrow? 😊 
    As I am not into veg much, I assumed all courgettes were green and grew into marrows but you are probably right! 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,133
    K67 said:
    As I am not into veg much, I assumed all courgettes were green and grew into marrows but you are probably right! 

https://www.plantsofdistinction.co.uk/courgette-and-marrow/courgette-and-marrow/courgette-summer-ball-f1-0139a
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh