Good Quality British Made Garden Tools. Any Manufacturers Left?

Per the title.
Also I came across Bulldog Smith & Hawken brand online. "Made in England" it said though that can mean final assembly.
Does anyone know anything about them.  Have they anything to do with Bulldog who had a forge in Wigan? 
Smith and Hawken were a garden centre or catalogue firm in the USA.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,048
    Don't know about Bulldog but the RHS endorse Burgon and Ball.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Muddle-UpMuddle-Up Posts: 14,151
    edited 19 August
    'Bulldog' tools are still made in Wigan, as far as I know.  B & B are made 'for the stylish gardener' if that matters to you, in Sheffield.
    Aberdeenshire, NE Scotland 🌞  
    FIDDLESTICKS AND FLAPDOODLE!
  • PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 1,571
    Bulldog are probably the best tools you could ever wish for , they come at a price though £££. Not sure about loppers / secateurs never used them but if they are anyway near as good as their spades etc they should be really well made .

I don't believe they have anything to do with Smith and Hawk 
  • Bright starBright star Wrea GreenPosts: 677
    This website was recommended to me by someone on this forum. They review various garden tools and equipment by different companies and Bulldog tools often get a mention. It’s called Fred’s Shed. 
    Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 1,436
    The Burgon & Ball factory is just down the hill from my parents' house. I don't know whether all their stuff is still made there though.
  • Obelixx said:
    Don't know about Bulldog but the RHS endorse Burgon and Ball.
    The last time I had a look round a garden centre a coupl of years back I saw those and didn't think much of them at all. 

Muddle-Up said:
    'Bulldog' tools are still made in Wigan, as far as I know.  B & B are made 'for the stylish gardener' if that matters to you, in Sheffield.
    Bulldog's forge is now in India. The handles are made in Wigan in the remaining part of their factory (part of it is a market now), then assembled.

• PicidaePicidae RutlandPosts: 705
    edited 20 August
    Richard Carter’s tools are made in the UK I believe

https://richardcarterltd.co.uk/product-ranges/garden-spades-forks/

Here’s another one, a related company to Carters

https://www.mygardenspade.com/
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 394
    Not sure why it matters where tools are made...frankly I'd take anything Swiss or German made over anything else. And surely any UK company that wants to compete and survive is part of the global economy, or it becomes a boutique proposition for the mega rich. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 1,436
    edited 20 August
    I was brought up with the belief that edged tools should be made in Sheffield, and I'm sticking to it as far as I can :)