Wet/Dry Vac

madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,566
I recently bought this Leaf Blower Vacuum as I thought it would suit my needs
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07F3M18PF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It does what it is meant to do very well but is a bit too big and cumbersome for the sort of pick up I need and have now gone back to using my indoor vacuum.
I really need something that will pick up wet leaves,soil etc and was thinking along the lines of a Wet/Dry vacuum,something durable that can be kept in the garage.
I generally sweep up most leaves but I like to pick up a lot of the bits left behind,cobwebs,small garden debris,spilt soil from pots etc with a vacuum.
I wondered if this would fulfil what I need?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/K%C3%A4rcher-WD2-Vacuum-liters-Yellow/dp/B00GFLG7OG/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=wet+dry+vacuum&qid=1566044646&s=gateway&sr=8-3
“Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings

• Joy*Joy* Posts: 338
    Karcher is a reliable brand. I'll be watching this post as I could do with something similar. I would avoid anything which needs bags as I've only seen ones with paper bags which wouldn't be much good for wet leaves. My garden has many deciduous shrubs and slate instead of grass so trying to avoid leaves getting mixed into the slate to minimise providing a substrate for weeds is important.
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,566
    I have bitten the bullet and ordered the Karcher one.
    Arrives tomorrow and will update on its performance!!
    Well it arrived today and I am SO disappointed with it.
    Looks cheap,plasticky and flimsy,lead much too short,if it falls over (which it does frequently) there is a loss of suction so you have to switch off and on again.
    The filter is so big it takes up nearly the whole bucket with just enough room for a piddly little dust bag.Blows out air at the back so moves your dust around!
    It is going back tomorrow.
    My Henry vacuum is so much better so I am now thinking of getting a second hand one to keep in the garage.
    (I don't really need a wet vac).
    So there is my verdict!
    You must be very disappointed. I was hoping that you would give it a good review. I have a Karcher window vac which is great and is used in the shower after every use to clear up all the water. I have wondered about a Henry but really want something to vacuum up the leaves and with our climate in autumn wonder if it's suitable if they are wet.
    I think the Henry could cope with a few wet leaves,just not too many.
    I usually sweep up most leaves and the vacuum was really for picking up any debris left.
    My problem is not having the base you can sweep! I have a large area of large blue slate 'gravel'. My patio tiles do get swept up but where the plants are is more of a problem. It was only planted up just before Christmas so this autumn is the first. I just know that the amount of growth and the number of deciduous plants equals LOTS of mess!!