Forum home Problem solving

GCSE DT Survey

Hello,
I am doing my DT GCSE on the countryside and have a survey on nature. I would greatly appreciate it if you please completed my survey. It will only take 2 minutes and will help me out so much. :)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLboM7OWJmiw20jGojgEPlD8_rQx_EcH8ngK5t64425T0Nug/viewform?usp=sf_link

Thank you xx

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 48,940
    I've tried but the options aren't suitable for me.
    You really need one which says 'other', and then the chance to put your own answer.
    You should also differentiate between the types of squirrel. 

Sorry, but filling surveys in with incorrect information  wouldn't be helpful.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,017
    Have completed survey, but I also found options restrictive so my answers weren't really accurate.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 21,178
    Done, but no option to answer accurately if you actually live in the countryside and see wildlife every hour of the day and night.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • GrannybeeGrannybee Sunny South EnglandPosts: 299
    Done. Agree with Pansyface about the lack of options for country livers and wildlife seen every day. Also, the hedgehog option is not in the second question (least seen). We have other wildlife here in rural Hampshire - deer, badgers and big birds of prey.
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Gave up as it was too restrictive in only allowing one answer.
    SW Scotland
  • AnniDAnniD South West UKPosts: 10,992
    Hello Selena, 
    I have attempted to answer your survey as best l can, but one problem l had concerns the conservation in the garden. I have a hedgehog house, but there wasn't an option for that.
    You might want to consider an "other" option for that section, and maybe a general comments section at the end. That may help people to complete it, as well as giving you more information :)
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 9,853
    Hi Selena
    Your survey is not easy to answer.
    There are many people that live in the countryside, so how do they answer the second question?
    I live on the edge of town with countryside just a couple of hundred metres away and walk my dog every day over the fields. I see lots of wildlife but don't really note which I see the most or least of and it very much depends on the time of year.
    Some insects like dragonflies are only around for a short while each year, whilst things like pigeons are ever present
    Best of luck with your course 
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,135
    I gave up as well, not enough options, how can you choose one? 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• AnniDAnniD South West UKPosts: 10,992
    I suppose it depends on what @selena.das04 's coursework  requires.  Maybe we will get a bit more feedback and then see if any more information can be given .
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,110
    I’ve done my best with it ... hope it gives you what you need ... best of luck with your course. 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh