How to store autumn planting bulbs?

2»

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,643
    I had to be very firm with myself when l was making up my order. I worked out the number of pots l need to fill, ordered what l required  - and then ordered some more "just in case"  B)
    50 quid. Bargain. 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 25,354
    'some more, just in case'

:D 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 2,267
    Well @Fairygirl I easily managed to rack up £80 and I thought I was being very mean with myself! These are the tulips I chose. Which are your favourites?

edited 18 August
    Black Base is similar to one I have called Persian Beauty, so I like that.
    The orange one is also very similar to one I have called Fusilier, so I like that too.
    Tarda is similar to Turkestanica, which I have, so I like that too.
    In short - I like 'em all  :D

I've been reorganising a border, and today I thought - 'a few of those little tulips would be good in there'. Just as well I hadn't started it by the time I did my order  ;)

You should have done what l did @Fairygirl - just in case....... :)
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 2,267
    Yes they are all so lovely, it was difficult to choose. Oh and the whole point of my original post - delayed dispatch until December, good facility from Nyssens. The orange ones are to dot in between low growing euphorbia ‘bonfire’ in shallow, gritty soil the others are for pots so hopefully I can give them the right conditions. 

Some glads and alliums managed to make it into the basket as well. No idea how that happened...
    That's great @Nollie. Hope they all do well for you  :)
    No idea how it happened - aye right  :D

Of course - because of your post, I've been perusing again. I'm now thinking of contacting them to add some on to my order if that's possible.... :#

There's a lovely little white one that opens up to show a ring of red,with a black/yellow base, and then those gorgeous little plummy/violet ones, and...and... :s  
    HELP!

I wasn't going to mention that you could ring up and add to your order @Fairygirl , but it's obviously too late for that....
    Surely it's better to have too many bulbs than too few ? Think of the lovely display next Spring  >:)