Anyone else get rashes after brushing up against some plants?

2»

• BijdezeeBijdezee Bruges, BelgiumPosts: 759
    I get it a lot but it goes away, scratchy hairy plants are usually the culprits. I think its mostly irritation more than allergy especially if it goes quickly. 
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,684
    Goosegrass gives me a rash and ivy makes me sneeze when I pull it up.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,117
    Goosegrass/sticky bud does it for me and so do certain conifers.   I get OH to weed sticky bud now and, after the first winter we were here was so dry we lost several small conifers planted on a bank and towed them out with the car.  That just leaves us with one which has very long needles and I keep well clear, just in case.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Green MagpieGreen Magpie Posts: 801
    I get it from contact with French bean plants, and some other things although I'm never sure what. My quick fix is to apply Witch Hazel lotion (the liquid not the gel) all over the affected area (usually my forearms). 
  • LantanaLantana Posts: 5,736
    A lot of plants do the same to me including leylandii and other conifers. After ferreting around in the garden my arms are always red and itchy. For me, washing and then applying Aloe Vera gel soothes it - though it won’t be Peggy’s preferred remedy😉.
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 2,767
    It’s Junipers and some of the Pines/conifers for me. I get an itchy red rash/bumps. I always think that if you have a slight reaction to something then try to avoid it again in case you develop a stronger reaction. Antihistamine cream on it and tablets if troublesome work well though. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • Dirty HarryDirty Harry Posts: 478
    Erysimum Bowles Mauve seems to do it for me.
  • BraidmanBraidman Posts: 44
    Ivy for me, even with long sleeved overalls and long sleeved gloves, get nasty rashes on my arms that take weeks to go away even with anti-histamine tablets.