Forum home Plants

Lovely new pots , but what to plant ?

2»

• Found these today at our local garden centre look lovely just swaying in the wind 
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,846
    edited September 2019
    I like that, you could still under plant with spring bulbs. Tete a tete mini daffodils would look lovely or mini tulips @Tiny01 .😁
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,981
    If it's not too late, put a brick inside the bottom of the pot. I have a pot that shape and despite its weight, it was forever being blown over by the wind. Your grass looks lovely. 
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • I like that, you could still under plant with spring bulbs. Tete a tete mini daffodils would look lovely or mini tulips @Tiny01 .😁
    Thanks , yes fantastic idea about the mini bulbs I’ll do just that :)
  • WillDBWillDB Posts: 2,496
    Looks great!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 61,504
    Lovely 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,507
    Good choice - really suits the pot.
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 9,342
    Looks great!  To stop your decking from rotting underneath the pots, best to raise them by about half an inch - if you can find 4 equal size & shape stones etc., one at each corner would do it.
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • These look lovely! Like others have said put a couple of bricks at the bottom, mine have tall bay bushes in and they still blow over sometimes even with the two bricks. I'm thinking of changing them now I've seen yours :)