Very bad white staining on Acer leaves

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,279
    Smashing spider  :D and he’s not going to cause any problems ... but was that damage already on the tree trunk when you bought it?! 😦
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• KLKL Posts: 42
    Yes the damage to the trunk must have been there already.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,279
    That’s not looking good ... I think that will lead to problems  ... I would not have accepted that 😠

What do other folk think?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,567
    No, I don’t like the look of that either.   What can be done? I don’t know, I’m not a tree expert, (or any kind of expert😀) but I can see that’s not right. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 26,656
    Hmmm - have to agree, I don't think that was acceptable.
    Where did you get [email protected]? If you haven't had them long, and you bought them from a reliable source, I think it's worth sending/taking the  photos and asking the question. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I bought them May 2018 from a small independent garden centre. What issues will that cause ? 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 26,656
    Any cracks which are deep can allow disease/infection into the trunk  :/
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,567
    Garden centres do usually give a long guarantee, I know Wyvale did. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• The same was happening with me too! Thanks for the advice.
    Should I be watering these trees during the winter months ? I remember being told to water them twice a week during the summer but should I continue watering over winter and if so how often, thanks