Can anyone ID this fern please?

2»

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,043
    This is a picture of Thalictrum Hazel
    Image result for thalictrum leaves images

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • BikerBiker Posts: 2,148
    Have had a word with OH and have changed our minds that it did not flower. I didn’t think it did and maybe we were mixing it up with another plant nearby. I’m totally mystified now, the thalictrum leaves LB look like it but those flowers are wrong. I’m pretty sure it’s a fern of some kind. I’ll keep looking on line and many thanks for your help everyone. If I ever find out what it is I’ll let you know. 
    North East
    Have found it!
    Adiantum capillus- veneris, a Southern maidenhear fern!

This is it....

North East
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,043
    @Hazel-1 , that fern isn't hardy in the UK but there is one that looks very like it called Adiantum venustum which is very hardy
    You mentioned a pinkish colour and this one does have pink tinged foliage when it grows in the Spring.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • micearguersmicearguers Posts: 217
    To me it does not look like a fern, and the maidenhair fern looks very different. I've been wrong before and am willing to risk it again :smile: but ...
  • WillDBWillDB Posts: 1,775
    edited 13 August
    Thalictrum aquilegifolium album? - Edit sorry Ladybird got there before me.

I'm puzzled about the 'white flowers that dance around on the breeze' - sounds more like Thalictrum than a fern!

edited 13 August
    WildDB, both OH and me agreed it didn’t flower after all, must have been another nearby plant. Have checked your ( latest) suggestion but the leaves don’t look quite right. Thanks though for your help.

Will have a look LB at that alternative plant name you gave. Thanks. 
    North East