Uneven paving for greenhouse

Hi all. Apologies for over-long post, but I have absolutely no-one to bounce ideas off and several sheets of unprotected horticultural glass sitting in my garden...

I have a new lean-to greenhouse s(6x2)in bits waiting for me to install it. I thought I would just need to clear the west-facing paved space earmarked for it. However, it's not even. The wall is the back of a council garage (potential problems if they demolish, although that's not likely). The concrete footings extend for about 9" and then slabs are butted up against them. The whole lot is old and more uneven than I thought.
So question #1 is: how would I make it good as a greenhouse base?

Question #2 is about the location of the previous lean-to which was demolished last year. Against a south-facing brick wall, soil beds either side of pavers, but not the same size as my new bus-shelter.  I *really* wanted to use this space for irises and other heat-lovers, in my tiny garden.

So do I put the greenhouse here? I really don't want to, but it has advantages and will be a quicker solution than #1

Thanks in advance to anyone with the patience to reply!

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,891
    edited 12 August
    Got to be honest, l can't answer your question about levelling the site, unless there's a way of lifting the existing paving stones and getting them level with the concrete section  (Apologies if l've misunderstood 😊).
    I think only you can decide if the hassle is worth it when it comes to reusing the old site and losing out on growing those sunlovers.
    Possibly not a very helpful answer there, but welcome to the forum 😁
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,601
    Could you not just level the site with some gravel and sit the greenhouse on that?
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,941
    A 6x2 greenhouse is small - that would only be 3 slabs max to lift, level and relay. Either do that or use gravel although you may need to put down a wooden surround on the 3 sides to stop the gravel moving. It doesn't need to be a complicated surround - some 2x2 or 4x4 timber should do it and attach the 'free' ends to the existing wall if you can. 
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller