Forum home Plants

ID please

Diea anyone know what these are please
 If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.”—Marcus Tullius Cicero
East facing, top of a hill clay-loam, cultivated for centuries (7 years by me). Birmingham

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 83,973
    The first looks like Meconopsis cambrica ... Welsh poppy. 

I think the second is Golden Rod ... Solidago canadensis. 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• dpatel2130dpatel2130 Posts: 183
    First one don't know. Second one Goldenrod. I have in my garden. I going to remove them as they are invasive. 
  • It isn’t a welsh poppy as I have lots of those elsewhere.

I did think golden rod when the second first started growing but it’s quite different to the clump I have. They have flowers just at the top this has flowers stems all the the way down which made me wonder.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.”—Marcus Tullius Cicero
    East facing, top of a hill clay-loam, cultivated for centuries (7 years by me). Birmingham
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 83,973
    Whoops! Silly me :flushed: ... not Welsh poppy .... it’s Greater Celandine ... Chelidonium majus  

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Thanks