Resurrected eighty two

• Rebecca110Rebecca110 Posts: 1,420
    Hazel/Topbird Alfie is feeling a bit better today.  He's had a massage and the bathroom was somewhere cooler to go.
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,789
    Thank you Rezzers for your kind thoughts. They are very much appreciated.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
    TLC Debs and they will be fine.
    Joyce that is super news about your roof tiles and now you have a little stash of extras. Will they be stored in the basement?
    Rebecca - glad to hear that Alfie is chilling out
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,327
    Yes LB.  The tiles will be stored carefully in the basement along with all the other stuff.  They are reclaimed tiles.
    SW Scotland
    I always think that reclaimed bricks and tiles look fantastic on buildings Joyce. They bring a 'story' with them.
  • ChivetalkingChivetalking Leigh-on-seaPosts: 892
    Hello All, thank you so much for all your kind thoughts and good advice I am rested and have a good husband who came home with bags of ice and ice cream ♥️
    Debs your sweet peas are gorgeous they must smell divine,
    Hazel I hope your ankle is better soon too, that must have been a nasty knock,
    LB sorry to hear of your sad news gardens are good for contemplation, 
    Rubee I hope you wasn’t working in the garden today,
    Rebecca, I hope Alfie is ok they don't know what to do in this heat,
    Joyce fingers crossed for the roofers sounds promising you’ve got the tiles,
    TB all your holiday plans in place now, hope you got to enjoy that cold drink in the garden in the end, 
    Hello to Lants & Runners, PF, Kitty, Ante & Chey and any I’ve neglected to mention I hope you are all ok, I’ve been adding to this on and off during the day so it’s all a bit garbled. Have a good evening all, thank you for cheering me up 🥰
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 4,972
    Joyce - glad to hear your roofer can sort out your roof without too many problems. Is it finished now or does he have to come back? Weight off your mind when it's all done.

LB - I was so sorry to hear you've had some sad news. The garden can be a little sanctuary at such times can't it? A space to remember happier times.

Rebecca - some of the puss cats I've had over the years have quite enjoyed a wipe over with a damp cool flannel when it's hot. Maybe Alfie would if the weather has made him out of sorts. 

I'd quite like somebody to wipe me over with a cool damp flannel - right now😏
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • CheyngelCheyngel Buxton! Derbyshire, not Norfolk.Posts: 3,997
    Sorry about your friend LB.

I've been out today - I'm now officially a college student! My accounting course starts on the tenth - so you can all stop nagging at me about what I'm doing with my life now!  :D Only joking.

AND I don't have to pay a penny - because I'm on ESA the whole course is funded!
    Yes T'bird.  The roof was done in two hours.  New timber sarking and a few tiles.
    SW Scotland
    Great news Chey.  Hope you enjoy the course and good luck with it.
    SW Scotland