Resurrected eighty two

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,673
    Afties all. I've had a bit of a quiet time in the garden today as I got some sad news about a friend this morning. Seize the Day folks. I have brought in my cloth things off the string as I think a storm is brewing.
    Joyce, I've got everything crossed that the roofer gets you watertight asap.
    T'Bird I have my Vib Bod planted next to my Chimonanthus and my Sarcococca is a bit closer to the back door. The scent is sumptuous.
    Hazel - you need to do Monty's trick with foxgloves that he showed on GW last Friday If you haven't had chance to see it he cut a stem of foxglove seed pods, upended it in a paper bag and shook it. You can also just leave it like that until the seed pods open and shed their seeds. Seeds can be any colour. Sow them immediately for good results.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Hazel-1Hazel-1 Posts: 2,311
    Sorry to hear your news LB, seize the day indeed. Thanks for info re seeds- missed GW. Can you tell me what colour the seed pods were? Ours are still green  and tight shut. Thanks. 
    North East
    The seed pods were a pale fawn/brown colour Hazel. I suspect that yours are not quite ripe yet. Wait until you can see some of the pods splitting open.
  • LantanaLantana Posts: 5,773
    Hazel, my foxgloves had brown seed pods which I shook onto my hand -or can use a bit of (white, easier to see them) paper. A couple of pods were more green than the others and if tapped nothing much came out. Sounds like yours are at that stage. Being dahn sarf, mine finished quite a while ago and the seeds I sowed in pots are already germinated.
    I have just got SOAKED by rain. Got last cloth thing in, went out to collapse the whirligig and cover it and the skies opened. I don't think I will be gardening any more today.
  • Hazel-1Hazel-1 Posts: 2,311
    Thanks LB and Lants. My seed pods aren’t even open yet so not yet ripe enough as LB says. We ooop north are way behind!

LB, I would love to be soaked with rain. 
    North East
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 1,910
    Just got back from GC got some perennials for £1 each, some Achillea for daughter and for me campanula and penstemon. Bit bedraggled but reckon they will do well next year. Lovely cake too!
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,297
    LB, very sorry to hear you had bad news about your friend. Carpe diem is very true.

Some years ago the roofer had sold his stock of my type of tile to a reclamation yard. The good news is that the yard had some left and he was able to buy some back and I now have fourteen spare tiles.
    SW Scotland
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 1,910
    LB so sorry to hear about your friend. Hope you have happy memories to sustain you. 
  • Rebecca110Rebecca110 Posts: 1,391
    LB sorry to hear your news about your friend.  Sending a hug.  Joyce fingers crossed too for the roofer then you can sigh.  It's suddenly become darker but very muggy.  Maybe the rain will come.  Yes theres a very fine sprinkle.  Pottering and planning today.