Resurrected eighty two

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 26,486
    Glad you are not without water in the house then T'Bird. I reckon if I had a choice between those two trees, I would opt for the beech myself Still, as you say, it is a bit in the way so removal does seem to be the sensible thing to do.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,204
    Sometimes I like hot days - like just now.

The heat of the day has gone and it’s a balmy summer evening. All jobs done, salads prepared, sausages cooking in the oven for a late dinner and I’m sat in the garden with a lovely cold G&T. The groups of nictotiana are scenting the whole garden and are already a magnet for the moths of dusk. I have a good book to read.

Have given the front border a really good soaking and I’ll do the same tomorrow. If it lives - it lives. If it doesn’t, maybe we’ll accept defeat and build an out house...

Was feeling quite guilty while I was out there with the hose - until I realised that’s actually the FIRST time I’ve watered (other than individual plants at the time of planting) in over a year. Bearing in mind we’ve now had well over 18 months of drought I don’t think that’s too greedy.
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
    I agree T'Bird. Just watched Poldark. Hmmmm. No spoilers. Better get the cloth things in now.
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    T'bird, I hope your garden gets a good soak while you are away.  The water supply in your area is a bit worrying especially for farmers.

LB, I take it you were a bit iffy about the conclusion of Poldark.
    SW Scotland
    Liked the ending Joyce, it was the random bits in the middle I couldn't quite get my head round.
    Time to sign out. See you all tomorrow.
    Image result for good night gif romantic

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Night LB.
    Hope it's cooler tonight for everyone to have a good sleep.
    SW Scotland
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,204
    Night everyone - still very warm here. Sheet-only night again🙂
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 15,665
    Morning all,
    Thick fog. 
    Been awake since five. Woken by an owl that was sitting on the roof above the bedroom window. Then I was reminded of my five mosquito bites and have been scratching them ever since.😖
    Have a wonderful day all.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
    Good morning PF and later Rezzerrisers.
    Image result for Sunflower images