Resurrected eighty two

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,228
    LB, I reckon the rain gods decided we had had enough rain and so have enjoyed three sunny days.
    SW Scotland
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 15,127

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,366
    PF -
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
    Topbird, you are so right. The motorhome sounds perfect. In many ways. 😊

Sorry to have missed your anniversary, Chive. I hope you had a smashing day.

Ante, your cousin sounds remarkably similar to my infamous visitors. Mine do a tour of Britain each year, turning up in this country at impossibly short notice, imposing themselves on friends and relatives, staying for an unspecified period of time, offering nothing but (what they see as) their wit and charm and leaving only a pile of dirty towels and bedding as a sweet souvenir of their stay.

This lot have now gone, but it was a close run thing. One of them emerged this morning saying that he had a migraine coming on and that they needed to go back to bed for two hours and could we all be as quiet as mice, thank you. Certainly, and I shall haul a sign up on the road to request a deathly hush from passerby too. No connection to the large pile of empty wine bottles in the recycling bin, I am sure.

Anyway, I am currently on my fifth payload of washing, sorry Col TT. There’s a heavy grey sky with a gale blowing outside and torrential downpours of rain arrive every half hour or so, so no chance of hanging anything on a line outside. The place looks like we are running a Chinese laundry.

Looking back, lovely runners, runny. Mine are a pathetic bunch of moth eaten examples.

Hello to anyone and everyone. 👋👋👋👋👋

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,366
    PF - you are excused.

Image result for Cartoon smiling sergeant images

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
    That’s the best news I’ve had in the last three days, LB.😁
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 4,876
    edited 10 August
    Pansy 😁

LB - we love Austria too. Rented a m/home from Munich about 10 years ago (how time flies😱) and drove down to the Italian lakes and also spent time in Austria. All very pretty. Hallstatt is impossibly beautiful. Apparently it is particularly popular with the Chinese - so much so they have built a replica Hallstatt village in China - go figure🤪

We may well sneak over the border on this trip.

Joyce - no fixed itinerary at the moment other than we're travelling on the Harwich - Hook of Holland ferry (only an hour's drive from home and doesn't involve the M25👍). We'll be visiting 2 or 3 spas and we'll be driving down the Romatische Strasse (literally the Romantic Road) which takes in a lot of lovely scenery and small medieval German towns. Will probably come back via the Black Forest which is a rather lovely area.

Will be taking the bikes because the Germans are BIG on cycling and nice, safe non-traffic cycle routes. Most of the campsites and Stellplatz (overnight parking for motorhomes) we've looked at are on the outskirts of towns with cycle routes and public transport links in to town. 

That means we can visit the Bier Kellers without worrying about driving home😁
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 4,658
    The  holiday you are planning TB sounds wonderful . Always wanted to go to Austria and Germany . The many castles , the wonderful countryside ,the small towns and villagers and the old architecture. Have read quite a bit about it . I hope that you have a great time .

• Hazel-1Hazel-1 Posts: 2,244
    Joyce, oh yes......23 tires me out within ten minutes, but I love  it! He’s so interesting just now with his exploring everything and he really listens when you tell him something or explain how something works. He’s such a lovely little character and it know Im biased  but he does have such a sunny disposition. My dad adored him.

Topbird, brilliant idea to ward off future “stay- overs” 😂 Must remember  that. My brother used to live in Germany and he used to like the markets at C*******s and I remember him saying, at that time, how much cheaper things were so than in the UK. 

PF, what can I say? You look k***k**e*, poor wee thing😱😉😂

North East
  • Hazel-1Hazel-1 Posts: 2,244
    PF, are you beginning to feel like Widow Twankey? 
    Topbird, sounding a lovely holiday and how nice to be able to ride ( your bikes ) around , at your own pace, without the worry of driving and parking etc etc. 
    North East