Resurrected eighty two

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,380
    SGL - I think a good nickname for your new grandson could be 'Moppet'. As he is a male Poppet
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Ante30Ante30 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 569
    Morning everyone.
    I avoid warm tea when is so hot here. Rather take a glass of cold milk in the morning. 
    Hazel I told them that it's not polite but they are of those sort who don't care. 

Chive Happy Anniversary!
  • Hazel-1Hazel-1 Posts: 2,246
    edited 10 August
    Ante, those type of folks are so inconsiderate. 
    Just been outside and it’s very breezy and warmish. 
    North East
    You are very lucky Hazel. It is rainy and windy here.
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,228
    Morning all.

Happy anniversary Chive. Hope you have a lovely day.

Ante, it was very inconsiderate of your cousin just expecting to be able to stay with you.

I've been held back with phone calls so better give myself a shake and get on with things while it's dry.
    SW Scotland
  • Hazel-1Hazel-1 Posts: 2,246
    Had a mad hour or two this morning with 23 and then popped into town. Was lovely and sunny and then the wind suddenly got up and it poured with rain -  not so lucky pm today LB 😥
    North East
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 15,134
    Afternoon all.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 4,878
    Ah Pansy - you look younger and better each time we see you😉🤭😁 Visitors bogged off yet? It's exhausting having people to stay isn't it? - don't understand why anybody says they 'love entertaining' - it's just hard work with most people (one close friend is the exception for me).  

As for people inviting themselves Ante - that's just rather rude IMO. One of OH's friends did it a few weeks ago. Made OH clean the bathroom, bedroom, change the bed, iron the bedding etc etc afterwards. He is now less likely to be quite so open with the hospitality...

He is up a ladder painting the garage at the moment (painted render and soffits). Slightly worried he may do a Mary Poppins - it's very windy🤔

Chive - congrats to you and OH for yesterday - hope you had a lovely day.

LB - you were an early starter today - but you usually are.

Rebecca - I'm another who needs a few gallons of tea to face the day.

Off to trawl t'interweb for breakdown and health cover for motorhome and ourselves as we're off to Germany in a couple of weeks. Love Germany - lakes, forests, mountains, spas, clean and orderly campsites - what's not to like? I haven't been for about 5 years so looking forward to it.

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
    Afties Joyce, PF and T'Bird.
    Joyce, I can't believe you have dry weather!
    PF - its not too good to contemplate your navel for so long. How much longer has the alien invasion to go?
    T'Bird, I felt a twinge of jealousy when you mentioned earlier about your trip to Germany. I've driven with rellies to Austria in the past and it's another beautiful place to visit. When I first saw your post I thought that your OH was painting reindeer! Should have gone to Spocksoothers!
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,228
    In for a cuppa and a rest.
    Autumn colour starting on some shrubs.

Hazel, I imagine 23 will now be at the stage when he can tire you out.

T'bird, do you have a set itinerary for Germany or will you see how the weather is?

Pansy, every picture tells a story!  Hope you recover soon.

SW Scotland