Forum home The potting shed

Resurrected eighty two

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Morning all.

Happy anniversary Chive. Hope you have a lovely day.

Ante, it was very inconsiderate of your cousin just expecting to be able to stay with you.

I've been held back with phone calls so better give myself a shake and get on with things while it's dry.
    SW Scotland
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,220
    Afternoon all.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,390
    Ah Pansy - you look younger and better each time we see you😉🤭😁 Visitors bogged off yet? It's exhausting having people to stay isn't it? - don't understand why anybody says they 'love entertaining' - it's just hard work with most people (one close friend is the exception for me).  

As for people inviting themselves Ante - that's just rather rude IMO. One of OH's friends did it a few weeks ago. Made OH clean the bathroom, bedroom, change the bed, iron the bedding etc etc afterwards. He is now less likely to be quite so open with the hospitality...

He is up a ladder painting the garage at the moment (painted render and soffits). Slightly worried he may do a Mary Poppins - it's very windy🤔

Chive - congrats to you and OH for yesterday - hope you had a lovely day.

LB - you were an early starter today - but you usually are.

Rebecca - I'm another who needs a few gallons of tea to face the day.

Off to trawl t'interweb for breakdown and health cover for motorhome and ourselves as we're off to Germany in a couple of weeks. Love Germany - lakes, forests, mountains, spas, clean and orderly campsites - what's not to like? I haven't been for about 5 years so looking forward to it.

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 27,244
    Afties Joyce, PF and T'Bird.
    Joyce, I can't believe you have dry weather!
    PF - its not too good to contemplate your navel for so long. How much longer has the alien invasion to go?
    T'Bird, I felt a twinge of jealousy when you mentioned earlier about your trip to Germany. I've driven with rellies to Austria in the past and it's another beautiful place to visit. When I first saw your post I thought that your OH was painting reindeer! Should have gone to Spocksoothers!
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
    In for a cuppa and a rest.
    Autumn colour starting on some shrubs.

Hazel, I imagine 23 will now be at the stage when he can tire you out.

T'bird, do you have a set itinerary for Germany or will you see how the weather is?

Pansy, every picture tells a story!  Hope you recover soon.

SW Scotland
    LB, I reckon the rain gods decided we had had enough rain and so have enjoyed three sunny days.
    SW Scotland

PF -
    Topbird, you are so right. The motorhome sounds perfect. In many ways. 😊

Sorry to have missed your anniversary, Chive. I hope you had a smashing day.

Ante, your cousin sounds remarkably similar to my infamous visitors. Mine do a tour of Britain each year, turning up in this country at impossibly short notice, imposing themselves on friends and relatives, staying for an unspecified period of time, offering nothing but (what they see as) their wit and charm and leaving only a pile of dirty towels and bedding as a sweet souvenir of their stay.

This lot have now gone, but it was a close run thing. One of them emerged this morning saying that he had a migraine coming on and that they needed to go back to bed for two hours and could we all be as quiet as mice, thank you. Certainly, and I shall haul a sign up on the road to request a deathly hush from passerby too. No connection to the large pile of empty wine bottles in the recycling bin, I am sure.

Anyway, I am currently on my fifth payload of washing, sorry Col TT. There’s a heavy grey sky with a gale blowing outside and torrential downpours of rain arrive every half hour or so, so no chance of hanging anything on a line outside. The place looks like we are running a Chinese laundry.

Looking back, lovely runners, runny. Mine are a pathetic bunch of moth eaten examples.

Hello to anyone and everyone. 👋👋👋👋👋

PF - you are excused.

Image result for Cartoon smiling sergeant images